regret

REY POV

I shifted uncomfortably on the forest floor, the soil moving beneath me with every movement. I rolled over and saw the distinct outline of the pale, scared face I've become used to but today was different. Instead of getting that warm feeling I felt almost stiff, as if I had just been paralysed.

I remembered the night before and how much we enjoyed it but I was met with a cold, sick feeling inside me. Something was off, I don't know what but it was foreign to me. Ren gently opened his eyes and gazed upon me with them but though they looked like the gentle eyes I've seen before, there was a sense of darkness glistening over them. He gently reached his hand over to stroke my cheek. As soon and his hand made contact with my face it felt as though all that anger and hated he once harnessed was transferred to me.

I quickly shot up, igniting my lightsaber and pointing it right at Ren's face. He was shocked at first then his face softened and he started to laugh at my actions.
"Rey what are you doing?" He said while laughing to himself, his face turning a light shade of red as he tried to catch his breath.

"YOU!" I shout at him, "YOU DID THIS TO ME!"

He jumped up, startled by my words. "Rey, what's wrong? What happened?" He asked, pretending to be concerned for me.

"You turned me against the only people I ever considered family! You nearly killed Finn AND Poe. YOU EVEN KILLED YOUR OWN FATHER!" I screamed at him. His face dropped, as if I had just cut open a healing piece of his soul. His once glimmering eyes were covered in tears, threatening to spill.

"Why would you say that? WHY?! I regretted that from the second I did it! I though it would make me strong, I thought it would make me tough and unbreakable. But it made me the opposite. It tore my soul open, it was the worst thing I have ever done. Then you came along and slowly that tear started to heal. Rey, you reminded me that I don't always have to be emotionless, that I don't have to hide everything. Rey... I love you." He spoke as a few stray tears fell from his eyes and trailed across his scar.

"You can spout that crap to yourself but you don't fool me! I HATE YOU!! I ALWAYS HAVE!" With that I started swinging my lightsaber at him.

He held out his shaky hand as his lightsaber came flying toward him. He ignited it, the distinct crackle from the broken crystal filled the air, along with my heavy breath and grunts as I swing at him.

I could tell he was sad, feeling weak and vulnerable, so I took advantage of this. I moved quick, landing strikes to his lightsaber every time. He didn't want to do this, but he also didn't want to die, so he put up a small, gentle, pitiful fight.

"YOU'RE WEAK!" I spat at him, my words full of hate and disgust, "YOU ALWAYS HAVE BEEN!"

With one loud yell, he pulled up his lightsaber and landed a huge, deafening blow to my own saber. If lightsabers could break, I would be dead now.

"YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! YOU STUPID LITTLE GIRL. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'VE HAD TO GO THROUGH! YOU DON'T KNOW THE PAIN I FACE EVERYDAY! I LOVED YOU REY! MORE THAN ANYTHING AND YOU BETRAYED ME!" He spat with tearing streaming down his face as he came charging towards me.

I quickly stepped out of the way, shoving him to the ground. I held my lightsaber to his heart. The heat melting his clothes, forming a small crater that would allow me to easily penetrate his chest.

"Today is the day you die. Today is the day I avenge Han Solo. Today is the day I slide my lightsaber into your heart and watch the life slip from your face." I spoke in a quiet, menacing tone to him.

I adjusted my arms, and tensed my muscles getting ready to suck the life out of him.

————————————————————
Surprise!! I know it's short and has been looonnngggg waited for, but here it is.

Leave a comment, tell me what you think :)

11th December 2017 - I hadn't read my story in ages and not gonna lie the end of this chapter made me cry. I had a plan on why she was like this but I can't remember it but I'm trying to think of something else.