Missing Piece

For three painful days, they locked you away. It was the time they needed to find out the cause of your son's death. And because you were their #1 suspect, you had to stay locked in a cell. Renji and Koutarou headed back to their places, both going separate ways for the first time in a while.

Renji tried to keep up a poker face as he strode through the town, attempted to remain calm and collected while in public, but he failed drastically. Every smiling kid made him realize he wouldn't experience his son smiling again. Every laugh or giggle brought back the pain. And every happy family broke his heart further. He knew that he wouldn't have either of that. No kid, no family. Aside from the tears that constantly wanted to run down his face, he was in denial. He couldn't believe it, couldn't grasp what just happened. None of this made sense to him. Just hours before you woke him up, he played with his son. And he couldn't tell if you were the killer or not. To him, it had to be you but I couldn't be you. He knew you couldn't hurt your child, never, not in a million years - but you were the only one with him when he died. Signs were proving that you were the killer but he couldn't, and refused to, believe it.

And he was right. You were not the killer.

At what was easily the worst place for a grieving mother, you were kept. Isolated from everyone, on your own. No one to talk to, no one to hold on to. Worst of all, no medication. Koutarou had given them more details about your delusional self and how you kept forgetting important things. That made numerous doctor - except for Chigyou - decide on letting you experience some kind of abrupt "drug" withdrawal, also known as cold turkey. It was supposed to detoxicate you... from your medication. The idea behind it was getting all the medication out of your system and starting over.

But that wasn't exactly easy. Especially not for a person who was known for being depressed and having PTSD.

Those three days in which you only had minimal contact with nurses or doctors drove you insane. Not only did your depression hit twice as hard, you were also terrified to no end. Terrified of what was to come, terrified of your surroundings - jumping at every little sound.

All you really needed was time with.. Someone that cared. Perhaps someone that'd hold you. But spending time in a dark cell, alone, definitely wasn't helping your situation.

From blaming yourself over to wanting to die, you went through it all. Having too much time to yourself, especially your own thoughts, wasn't exactly a smart solution. It all just made it worse and harder for you.

In those three days, you continuously cried yourself to sleep. The silence of this room was something you weren't used to anymore. At home, you son always babbled, cried, screamed or played with his toys - it all made noises. But now there were none.

Finally, after those three painful days, you were informed you were allowed to leave. However, just by looking at you Chigyou knew he couldn't let you go alone. He could tell that your demons were clouding your mind. To save you from doing something you might regret later, he called Koutarou to come and pick you up. Out of all the people, he called the one who immediately called you a murderer.

Chigyou also altered your dosage, lowered it tremendously so it'd support you accordingly. He also let you know that you were allowed to start taking it that evening.