Forgetfulness

At some point I fell asleep and for once I actually slept quite well, no nightmares, no unnecessary wake ups, just a nice sleep.. In a very uncomfortable position.

My inner alarm clock woke me at what I assumed to be 9am because I thought I'd have to go to Kamii today. After I opened my eyes I searched for the clock hanging on a wall - it verified my assumption, it was 9:12am.

Knowing my lecture would start at 10am I wanted to jump up from the couch but was already having a hard time sitting up - and once I finally sat, a loud noise and a groan from the ground erupted.

I had forgotten about Renji and somehow didn't notice the weight on my body as I sat up.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry!" I called out the second I saw him lying on the floor.

He just kept groaning.

He's probably really hungover..

I quickly got up and reached out for his arms, trying to pull him up.

But he was way too heavy.

Holy cow..

Of course I failed.

And then he got up without my help.

His skin was really pale and his expression gave away that he was incredibly confused.

Our eyes met.

Even though he just stared at me, I knew exactly what he was trying to ask.

"You were drunk. You basically fell asleep on me.. And now I pushed you off the couch because I have to attend some lectures" I explained.

He started frowning: "No.. you're off today.."

"No.. - wait. Am I off today?" I started thinking and then realized that I was in fact off today, "You're right.. Shit.. I'm sorry"

Shaking his head he sat down on the couch.

I guess he means it's okay?

"What time is it?" he asked as he tilted his head back and closed his eyes.

"9am" I replied.

"My shift starts soon.. " he murmured.

"Shift? You gotta work today?"

He nodded.

"Well.. guess your decision to drink yesterday was pretty ridiculous then.." I added.

His eyes immediately glared my way and I snickered a little.

"Uhm.. humans would probably take some random soup to ease the pain - but I don't know what ghouls do. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"No" he replied.

"Alright, I'll go make breakfast for me then" I said as I headed to his kitchen.