Gut Feeling

"Got everything?" Renji asked as he picked up two huge travel bags filled with our stuff.

After we cleaned up the rooms and both took a shower - one by one - we packed some of our things up, mainly memories, photos and clothes but also our entire food. It was uncertain if we could return anytime soon or at some point at all, so we filled our bags with as much as possible. Renji had a hard time packing up while I just threw random things into my bag. He had to chose between childhood memories and necessities - because of me. It sure made me feel guilty to see him look at all this stuff with such sad expression.

"Y-yeah" I stuttered as I flung a backpack over my shoulders.

My wrists were already doing a bit better but to hide the bruises Renji wrapped a bandage around each of them. Picking up heavy things or even carrying them was impossible. though, therefore Renji had to do most of the work - making me feel even worse but he kept reassuring me that he was fine with this.

"Okay, then.. Let's go" he said, sighing after and heading towards the exit.

"O-okay" I replied, quickly skipping ahead of him so I could open the door.

I was full on dressed up in my disguise, ensuring that no one would recognize me especially at this hour. It was around 8am by now and the streets were filled with people, walking around without my usual disguise was too dangerous.

"Please close the door and lock it properly" he spoke softly, "Maybe we'll get a chance to come back."

"Of course" I assured him as I opened the door, holding it open for him to exit.

He headed out and I followed right behind him, closing and locking the door like he asked. Then I simply followed him as I had no idea where we were going. He said he had something in mind and that everything would be fine - no details. But it was okay, I trusted him.

We were both walking next to each other in silence. It was obvious that he was silently mourning the loss of his home and I had no idea what to say to make it better. This was my fault in every single way. And because he didn't like PDA, I couldn't really show him how much I appreciated this and perhaps make him feel better in the end. So right now our mood was utterly bad, the worst in a while. And we were incredibly tired.

The route we took soon started seeming familiar to me, it was the exact same one we took a couple of weeks ago, and I started having a very bad gut feeling about this.

He's not taking me to.. Them ..is he?

"Renji, where exactly are we going?" I wondered, hoping that my thought would be proven wrong, trailing behind him a bit due to our height difference and his bigger steps.

"You'll see" he murmured.

"It's not to.. Them.. Right? We're not going to be living at that place?"

"Don't know who you're talking about"