Chapter 12

I Promised Laughs
And Group Chat

Thursday Afternoon

Craig's POV

"Tyler?"

"Craig?"

"Want to come over?" I asked Tyler nervously.

"Are your parents going to be home?" He questioned back.

"Yeah, they want to meet you and Brian," I told him.

"Then where is Brian?" He asked back.

"He said he'll be by around dinner. He's a bit nervous," I explained, chuckling a bit.

"Why is he nervous?" Tyler asked.

"Uh, first impressions weren't exactly great..." I trailed off.

"Wait. You're saying he's met your parents already?" Tyler asked incredulously.

"Not exactly," I replied.

"The hell does that mean?" He asked.

"You see... After the first day of school... He dropped me off at home and he stayed and we played games and we may have... Uh... Fallen asleep... Before my parents got home." I nervously explained.

"You didn't tell me?!" Tyler asked loudly, clearly upset I didn't tell him.

"Sorry. But so he's worried that they won't like him." I told him.

"Am I a buffer for you guys?" Tyler asked.

"No, they want to meet the guy I tell them about a lot. Both of you guys." I told him.

"Fine. Only 'cause I love ya," he grumbled.

"Thank you!" I yelled, hugging him tightly.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Am I coming with now or later?" He asked me.

"Now?" I gave him the puppy dog eyes.

He sighed, knowing he couldn't get out of it. And so we went to my house.

"Mother?" I called out, closing the door behind us.

"Kitchen!" She called out, so Tyler and I walked in. "Oh, you must be Tyler!"

"Hi, Mrs. Thompson," Tyler greeted as she went to give him a hug. Tyler looked scared before masking it with a smile for her. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, Tyler. Craig talks so much about you!" She squealed, having them both sit down at the counter.

"Does he now?" Tyler asked, looking towards me.

"I already told you I do," I mumbled, feeling embarrassed.

"That's so cute, you two." My mother gushed, making me more embarrassed, and likely as red as a tomato.

"Where's father?" I asked my mother.

"He should get home by dinner, sweetie," she informed us. I nodded.

BLOOP

At 5:45 p.m. Brian showed up, dressed semi-casually, wearing a nice shirt and dark pants, nothing over the top. But he looked REALLY good.

"You know, Craig, a picture lasts longer," Brian said, startling me out of my thoughts.

"You know, Brian, you look like you're trying to impress your girlfriend's parents." I responded back.

"Dude, you're making me feel underdressed," Tyler announced, scaring me in the process.

"Dress to impress," Brian replied.