Chapter 5

Guess what, switching out of third and into first person. Tell me what you people think?

Brian's POV

The adventure was really boring. We walked around until we found a little park and just hung around for a bit. So it wasn't long before we stopped by a McDonald's to grab some food and head back to the school. Craig was acting awkward the entire time and was relieved we were back. He worries a bit too much, but I'm sure Evan will take care of him next block.

And I have class with Nogla. I don't know how to feel about it. I was a little anxious when he told me his class and seeing we had it together. I thought he was going to be mad and ignore me all day after this morning.

But I guess not, as I walk into class, he was there and waved me over.

"Hey Brian!" He greeted me cheerfully.

"Hey how have your classes been so far?" I asked him, and he only frowned.

"You're so lame!" He complained.

"Well I'm sorry for caring," I huffed out in mock annoyance.

He laughed lightly. "My classes have been shite so far. Yours?"

"First block is alright, but second block I don't know, I may have skipped it..." I trailed off.

"You're joking! Did you seriously not get in trouble?" Nogla exclaimed a bit louder than I liked, as the teacher glanced over at us with a warning glare.

"If you don't shut up it won't be a problem!" I hissed at him. "Plus it's the first day, no one cares anyways."

"Can't believe I missed out on the first day adventure. Stupid classes." He muttered out, clearly upset.

I smirked, an idea forming in my head. "You know... If you're upset, we could always finish what we started earlier?"

Nogla blushed and looked away from me. When we first started this, he never was like this. I wonder what's happened since then. I kind of miss the way it was at first.

*Flashback*

I walked inside, yelling out to my parents that I was home.

"Sweetie?" My mother called out.

"Yeah?" I asked, a little confused.

"Come here, I need to tell you something." I hesitantly walked to the room my mom was in, leaning against the doorway as she sat in a recliner. "You might want to come in and sit down."

This can't be good. Not at all. "Mom, you're scaring me a bit. What is it?" I asked as I sat down on one of the sofas.

Mom looked away for a moment before looking back at me, tears forming in her eyes. "Your father..." Was all she was able to say before she broke down sobbing.

I ran to her, and we sat there, hugging and crying before she went to be alone in her room. I didn't know what to do. I was upset. Angry. I texted Nogla saying it's an emergency for him to come over. Mom left the house, probably to go to a friend's to help her feel better. I just stood in the middle of the living room, until Nogla walked in the house, calling my name.

"Brian?! Where are you?"

"Living room," I muttered out, but he heard me, and he came in, and immediately hugged me. I started crying before I could get anything out.

Nogla sat us down on the couch and held me until I could calm down. We were probably sitting there for an hour or so.

"Sorry... About that," I muttered to Nogla.