Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

Craig's POV

When we got back to school after our "adventure" I was instantly relieved. My parents are going to be so mad when they find out. Not if, but when.

I was following behind Tyler and Evan to our next block class. I was kind of hoping to have another class with Brian. He seems really cool and funny, and it's easy to keep a conversation with him.

Evan, Tyler, and I walked into our class, and we sat towards the back of class. Because that's what you do when you're cool, I guess.

Tyler and Evan were cracking jokes, and I wasn't paying attention to them. Suddenly Evan threw his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer, saying "isn't that right, Craig?"

I didn't know what they were talking about, and must have made a worried expression because suddenly they started laughing again. "W-what are y-you t-talking about?" I stuttered out, not knowing what to do.

They laughed harder, if that was even possible, before Tyler calmed down enough to say, "that's what you get for not paying attention, Mini."

"You should have seen your face!" Evan exclaimed, still laughing.

"You guys are assholes," I told them, clearly angry, making them laugh even more. Great. Best friends. Ten out of fucking ten.

I pulled out my phone and texted Brian, who gave me his number while we were out.

Craig- Can you kill Tyler and Evan?

I hoped for a reply, but never got one, and everytime Tyler and Evan looked at me, I just huffed in annoyance, making it really hard for them to stop laughing.

Honestly the teacher should kick them out by now, they've been nothing but a nuisance since we came into the classroom. "I hope you guys get kicked out. Like you've been laughing for a half hour over nothing!" I exclaimed, getting more and more agitated as class went on.

Evan quieted down long enough to actually reply to me. "You don't really want that to happen! Class wouldn't be fun without us here with you!"

"I don't need you here. I don't need class to be fun." I told them.

"Rude!" Tyler chipped in.

"Says the fuck who's been laughing for a half hour!" By now I don't even care if the rest of class hears me, because my so-called friends have done nothing but laugh at me, and I felt like breaking down from the ridicule.

"Fine, fine, we get it, we'll stop laughing!" Tyler said.

"Yeah, we're sorry, we'll stop," Evan added.

"Thanks," I said sarcastically.

And the next half hour or so just consisted of them trying to make jokes but not wanting to make me mad. Not like I cared anyways. Not like I need them.

Yeah no. I do like them being here though, I shouldn't be so upset. I didn't realize I was doodling again until Evan nudged my arm, getting my attention.

"What are you drawing?" Evan asked me.

I looked at it, and realized what it was before closing the notebook. "It's nothing good." I told him. He looked like he wanted to ask again, but I guess after my outburst earlier, he decided against it.

I was slightly relieved. I keep drawing the same thing over and over when I'm upset or zoned out. A humanoid monster with claws, reaching out to grab someone's arm.

I need to stop drawing this before people ask more questions.

I sighed, and Evan looked over at me. "You bored?" He asked. I just nodded my head. "Class is about to end anyways. Then it won't be long before it's time for lunch," he tried to say enthusiastically.

"Can't wait," I muttered. I started packing up my stuff, seeing as everyone else was. Evan and Tyler stood up and motioned me to do so too. Then we walked over to the door to wait for the bell to ring. Once it did, I started walking in the direction I hoped my class was in. I eventually found it, and walked in right before the bell. I saw Brian and walked over to him, and sat down. He hasn't noticed me yet. Brian looked deep in thought, I shouldn't bother him.

The teacher stood at the front of the class. "Alright guys, I am Mrs. Anderson, and I'm your teacher. Now with role." And then I quit paying attention until Brian's name was called and I nudged him so he would raise his hand, and when my name was called, I raised my hand. After that she gave us a worksheet that no one worked on.

I noticed that Brian was looking at me while I was reading over the sheet. Before he had the chance to say anything, someone came over to me and tapped my shoulder.

"Hi, I'm Bryce!" A boy with blonde hair and a nice smile said. He held out his hand for me to shake, and I took it.

"I'm Craig, nice to meet you." I replied, not sure what else to say.

A boy with short brown hair and gray eyes came over next. "I'm Ohm." Was all he said, while giving Bryce the 'what the heck' look.

Bryce glanced at Ohm before looking back at me. "Why don't you sit with us?" Bryce asked me.

"Sure," I replied, grabbing my stuff. It's not like Brian would care anyways. I walked with them back to their seats, and sat down. "Give me your phone," Bryce told me. So I gave him my phone and he put his number in, then he looked at Ohm who nodded and put in what I'm going to assume is Ohm's number.

"Why me?" I asked Bryce. I have been getting way too much attention in one day.

"There's something about you..." Bryce said, probably not sure why either. We were silent for a few minutes and I took that time to take in Bryce's and Ohm's features. Bryce has a bit of a feminine face, a pretty smile, he was taller than me by maybe an inch. Ohm on the other hand has more of a masculine face, even starting to grow facial hair. He keeps glancing at Bryce time to time with his really pretty gray eyes. Ohm wore a gray shirt and jacket, probably to compliment his eyes, while Bryce wore a purple shirt. After a bit, Ohm coughed, likely wanting us to not be silent.

"So Bryce," Ohm started, "and Craig. Have you guys heard about any of the parties this weekend?"

"Parties? Why?" I asked him, confusion evident on my face as Ohm and Bryce chuckled.

"Because at the end of the first week of school, a lot of people have parties!" Bryce informed me, getting excited.

"So, have you?" Ohm asked again.

"I have not." I told him.

"I overheard Tyler was planning on having one this year." Bryce told us.

"Tyler Wilde?" Ohm asked, looking shocked.

"Yeah! Isn't that so cool?" Bryce excitedly said, looking between Ohm and me.

"That is pretty cool." Brian said, as he appeared behind me and Bryce, before walking over to Ohm's side to sit down. "I'm Brian, but I'm sure you guys know that."

Ohm nodded his head in acknowledgement and Bryce just stared wide-eyed at him.

"So now you notice us, huh, Brian," I said, maybe a little to harshly than intended.

Bryce looked at me and at Brian and back at me. "Wait you've met?"

"Yeah? Why?" I asked, a little confused.

"Nothing, nothing. So have you heard about Tyler having a party this weekend, Brian?" Bryce asked Brian, getting a little flustered.

"Yeah, I'm actually the one who gave him the idea. I didn't think he actually would though." Brian responded.

"Well," Ohm started, looking at Bryce, "looks like we might have a date this weekend."

Bryce turned a little pink. I'm not surprised though, they had silent conversations between them, so they knew each other really well.

I looked at Brian, and he was looking at me. I took in his features. His red hair, his radiant smile, his stubble-less face, his Zelda shirt, and leather jacket. I was entranced by him.

It felt like it was just the two of us. And it seemed like he felt the same way.

Then it was shattered by Bryce coughing.