CHAPTER 17

Percy found himself walking down the tower halls with master Yong the following morning. It seemed the first step of training was done, and there were now 9 steps left and Percy was eager to finish them all.

"Do not get cocky Percy," said master Yong as he led Percy to the courtyard.

"Yeah Perck!" yelled Kim from the monks shoulder waving it's limbs all over the place, "or I'll whoop your ass!"

Master Yong laughed at this, "I do believe he will Percy HAHA!"

Percy was a little bit shocked, he asked, "since when did you two become such good friends?"

"This last week me and ,master Y have been hanging, literally in my case!" yellked Kim.

Percy hoped that Kim didnt spoil master Yong too much, but fuck it no time to worry about a bronze automaton spider spoiling a buddhist monk. Wow that sounded weird just thinking it.

"So master Yong what are the remaining steps to Yau Kung Moon?" asked Percy changing the subject.

The master looked at Percy and smiled. The walked to the courtyard where the students were all gathered ready for their run. Mastery Yong left Percy and talked to the teacher there and told him to put Percy onto the second level.

Master Yong then returned to Percy, "all you have worry about is this level Percy. The second level consists of training you body to the basics. The hardest step in all 10. You master this, you have earned the right to become a student."

Percy nodded, a look of determination in his eyes, "lets do this."

The teacher assigned Percy some basic exercises. The first one was the basic thrust moments and strikes, which Percy was set to practise for 3 hours until every strike of his was perfect in every way.

Then began the foot strikes. One of Percy's legs war tied to a wooden board and the other was used to kick a wooden pole repeatedly in different directions. Then the wooden board was switched and Percy kicked using his other leg.

At the end of the day Percy was exhausted, but not deterred. This time he only had to cook the food for the monks and not clean, which was an improvement from before.

Percy continued this for a month. He continued everyday. He ran, and then stretched then punched and kicked. Nothing else.

Soon it started becoming easier and easier until one day, Percy found out he could just do what he wanted without and resistance. Each punch was fast, strong and felt light, like there was no energy used to do it.

And then began the second phase, chore training. Everyday after Percy got used to his training he was made to go faster and faster. Eventually his time was set at 1000 punches in 15 minutes and 500 kicks each leg for 30 minutes total. And then he was set working on the wall.

The wall was a giant structure being made by the monks of the temple around the temple. It was nothing compared to the great wall of China, but boy was it big. And so Percy began working there along with several students to build up the wall to great heights.

Every day Percy would carry boulders and climb the wall and put it at the top and climb down. Percy climbed higher than the rest of the monks to reach the highest points. He pushed himself to always become better, to become stronger. Soon Percy's hair grew longer and he had to tie the shoulder length hair back and started to shave as well. Time was going by, fast.

The days went one by one, all in a blur. One night at dinner master Yong announced that the time for battle was coming soon, and that they had only 4 months left to prepare. And Percy intended to make the most of it.