Chapter 12

ONE WEEK LATER!

Dameth's POV

I haven't slept since she left.

I need her. I miss her. My office was trashed.

Cassius and I tore down the entire house. Only for them to rebuild it, just for us to tear it down again.

We were standing in his office, which was also trashed. The only rooms still in tack were Violet's and Alina's.

"You could keep them here?!" I yelled.

"I tried, Dame!" He yelled, his voice cracked. "I TRIED TO STOP THEM!"

I got close to his face. "WELL, YOU SHOULD HAVE TRIED HARDER!"

"DON'T YOU DARE YELL AT ME! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO WENT AWAY!"

"BECAUSE YOU SENT ME TO DO YOUR BUSINESS! BECAUSE APPARENTLY YOU'RE MORE QUALIFIED TO WATCH OVER THEM! WELL, THAT WORKED OUT GREAT. DIDN'T IT!"

"YOU WATCH YOUR FUCKING MOUTH DAME! YOU MAY BE POWERFUL, BUT I AM YOUR BOSS!"

"Yeah, that may be true," I looked him up and down, "but I could crush you in a second."

I turned and walked out of the room.

Cassius followed. "Where the fuck do you think you're going?"

"To the city. Is that answer sufficient enough for you, boss?" I mockingly bowed.

"Go fuck yourself."

"With that attitude, it's no wonder Lina left. I'm surprised that she hasn't called off the wedding," I turned on my heel and kept walking.

Alina's POV

"I'm bored, Ben," I whined and laid next to him on the couch, putting my feet in his lap.

"MAX!" Ben yelled.

Max walked down the stairs a minute later looking irritated. "What?"

"Lini's bored."

"I am, too," Violet says walking out of the kitchen with half a watermelon and a spoon, and plopping down in the arm chair, laying sideways.

"What do you want me to do about it?" Max asked, putting his hands on the back of the couch and leaning against it.

"Something," Ace rubbed the back of his neck. "Anything," he dramatically put his hand on his forehead and fell backwards, "they're killin' me!"

"Can we go to the movies?" Charlie asked, jumping over the couch to sit on the floor by Violet.

"If Viktor says you can," Max sighed.

"I'm not asking," Charlie mumbled.

"I will," I groaned. "VIKTOR!"

He walked out of the bathroom in basketball shorts, with a towel around his shoulders.

"What, Lina?" he asked, irritated.

"Charlie wants you to take him to the movies, but he's too scared to ask you to take him."

Viktor laughed. "Yeah, Char, I'll take you to the movies. Anyone else?"

"Me!" Violet yelled.

"Get me out of this godforsaken house!" I groaned.

"I'll go," Ben looked up at Viktor.

"Well now I have to go," Ace sat up.

We all looked at Max.

"You tagging along?" Ben asked to him.

"Sure."

"What are we watching?"

"I don't care," I stood up, "as long as Charlie doesn't pick."

"I was going to say Wonder Woman," Charlie sighed, "but whatever."

"Actually," I paused. "Wonder Woman works."

"Okay," Ben stands up. "OFF TO THE CITY!" He ran out the door.

"OFF TO THE CITY!" Ace and Charlie ran after him.

I looked at the remaining three, "I'm not yelling that, nor running."

"Same," Violet said standing up," She looked at us. "I'm taking my watermelon, by the way."

"What car are we taking?" Ben ran back in the house.

Viktor sighed, "seven of us are going," he paused and hid his face in his hands. "Grab the Highlander, I got to go grab a shirt." He ran up the stairs.

"What's wrong with a Highlander," I asked, looking up at Max.

"This is Viktor we are talking about. He prefers Ferraris and Lamborghinis to Highlanders."

"You're right. It's definitely a mom's car," Violet said, as we walked out the door, halfway finished with her Watermelon.

"SHOTGUN!" I yelled.

"What?" Max looked at me. "Fuck no."

"Race you for it?" I smirked. He nodded.

"On three," he held up three fingers. "On-"

I broke off into a sprint.

"Alina!" Max yelled. "Not fair!"

Ace opened the passenger seat door for me and I jump in, quickly buckling. Max made it to the door when my seatbelt clicked.

"Get in the car!" Viktor yelled making his way to the car. "Or I'm leaving your sorry asses here."

"Sorry, Mom!" Ben yelled and hopped in the very back.

Viktor got in the driver's seat, and looked at me, then ahead of him, then back at me.

"Why are you in the front?" he looked down at me.

"I beat Max to it."

Max grabbed my seat and pulled himself forward, "she cheated."

"He's just a sore loser," I shook my head, "don't pay attention to him."

He snickered and shook his head. Pulling out of the driveway.

Violet's POV

I wiped a stray tear from my eye.

"I can't believe you cried," Ace teased.

"Shut up!" I glared at him, "it was sad!"

He rolled his eyes. "You guys want to head home?"

"Yeah," Max and Viktor said.

We crossed the street and I looked down at my phone. For a second and then I heard it, a familiar voice yelling my name and then being pushed onto the sidewalk, I looked back at who pushed me, just in time to see Dameth hit the hood of a taxi and smashing against the window, before rolling onto the pavement.

"Dameth?" I asked, looking at him, disbelieving what I see.

"Violet!" Alina and Charlie ran towards me.

"Oh my god," Ben looked at Dameth, so did Ace.

Ben held his fingers to Dameth's throat. "He's alive!"

Ace called an ambulance.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

mwawhaha