Chapter 5

TWO WEEKS LATER!

Max's POV 

We were finally ready to put our plan into action. It wasn't a good plan, but it was a plan.

Ben's original idea was during school, take her back to the house mid-day when she wasn't expecting it at all.

But, what we didn't expect is that her precious fiancé would pull her out of school to keep her away from us. 

So we used Viktor's plan. It was simplistic but would be very difficult to complete properly. The plan was to have Annie walk up to the front door and pretend to be lost, all the while distracting the gang members, while we snuck around back. 

If we're able to do this, she will never leave any of our sights. She will regret that day. With every bone in her body.

-.-.-.-.-.-

Alina's POV

It was currently 3:39 and I was in the kitchen with Violet while she complained about our asshole math teacher. Only, I was transferred to another school...

"And you won't believe what he said to me," she ranted.

"Go on," I said with a mouth full of fruity pebbles.

"He asked us if me if I did my homework, which I did, so I said yes. And he says, 'wow, all of it?' And then Brock leaned over and turned my paper over and said, 'yeah, she actually did, this is a first, isn't it Violet?' And then I may or may not have jumped over the desk and punched him thrice. Okay, I won't lie. I did, but he deserved it. And that's the story of how I got suspended for three days. It was so worth it. I punched him, not once. Not twice. But THREE TIMES! And I don't have to deal with Mr. Douchebag for a whole three days."

"Great job, Violet," I said, sarcastically, "this is why I shouldn't leave you alone in school."

"You really shouldn't. This is all your fault. Look what you've done!"

We quickly finished eating our cereal and put the bowls in the sink. The front door burst open and in walked Liam with a scared red head girl in his arms.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Go get Cassius," he looked at me.

I nodded and ran upstairs to Cassius' office. I knocked rapidly until the door opened. "What is it, Ali?"

"Liam needs you, there's some girl downstairs, she looks sick and lost."

He walked quickly, but with his long strides, I basically ran to keep up with him.

Liam was in the living room with some other guards, while the girl sat on the couch.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Cassius asked harshly from beside me.

"A-Annie and I don't know where I am," she said.

I've heard that name before, but I don't remember where, what a perfect time to not remember something. I looked over at Violet, who was standing on the other side of me, to see if she knew who she was, but she just shook her head and shrugged her shoulders.

"How'd you get here?" he asked.

"I don't know, I was walking through the woods, like I do when I'm stressed, but I blacked out and woke up beside the road," she rested her elbows on her knees and put her face in her hands for a second then pushed her hair back from her face.

Annie. Annie. Annie. I said her name over and over in my head, trying to remember where I had heard the name. Then it hit me.

I remembered her. I had never officially met her, but I remembered Ben saying her name.

 "Annie gave you one of hers."

I borrowed her uniform.

"Cassius," I mumbled, quietly. 

He looked down at me, confused.

"She's lying. She works for Max. She's a maid of his."

"Fuck," he whispered and ran his hand through his hair. "Take her downstairs," he said to a few of the guards, including Liam, "don't let her escape. She works for Max, if she's here, he is, too."

He pulled out his phone and texted furiously.

Glass broke. Shit. I looked at the large window that had broken, one of Cassius' men lay among the broken glass, a bullet hole in his chest. 

"This way!" Cassius yelled and put his hand on my back, guiding me and Violet towards the stairs, his gun in his hand. 

"No, I was going to go towards the glass!" I said sarcastically.

"Not the time, kid!" Violet yelled.

We sat on the top of the stairs, hiding behind the railings, watching.

A man stepped onto the glass, the glass crunching under the weight of his boot. He pulled his hood down.

Viktor.

"Oh! Lina! Where'd you go?" he said as if talking to a child. He spun around and saw Cassius and I. He smiled evilly. "There you are."

He ran towards the stairs. The three of us stood up and Cassius shot at the stairs, while Viktor reached them. He jumped back, raged.

"HA!" Violet laughed and held her right hand up to her forehead, so it was an L to him. "LOSER!"

If possible-which it was-Viktor got more enraged and ran up the stairs.

Cassius pushed Violet and I towards the other staircase.

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID!" I yelled.

"THERE IS NOTHING I REGRET! I DON'T HAVE TIME TO REGRET THINGS! THIS WILL BE A GREAT STORY TO TELL MY KIDS!" she laughed back.

"If you live to have kids, that is."

She scoffed and ran up the staircase, to the third and final floor.

The roof smashed and through fell Ben and Charlie. They landed in poses that reminded me of Batman. 

At the same time exact time they stood up and sinisterly smirked at us. 

"HOLY MOTHER OF PINOCCHIO!" Violet screamed.

Two more boys. 

"Ah, geez!" I yelled and ran the other way, away from them.

-.-.-.-.-.-

More of our lovely Violet.

Annie: