Chapter 7

!Alina's POV

Max and the other boys had somehow, miraculously managed to escape Cassius and his guards by running like dogs with their tails between their legs. Except for Annie, they left her behind, still locked in the basement, under twenty-four-hour surveillance.

And Cassius, he was furious.

Violet groaned from her spot on the couch, while we were watching Impractical Jokers, "do you know what kind of ice cream Charlie likes?"

"No, but knowing him and his childish ways, it's probably chocolate or something extravagant. Yeah, he seems like a chocolate kind of person."

She shrugged and looked back at the tv.

"Hey, can I spend the night? I don't want to go home," she whined.

"Violet, you don't need to ask," Cassius sighed and ran a hand over his face.

"Okay, I mean, I was going to stay here anyway, but it's common courtesy to at least ask."

"Do you even have clothes here?" I asked.

"Shit, no, I don't, I took them all home, we'll just go and get them with John and Liam."

-.-.-.-.-.-

Violet and I decided to take the black Ferrari. But, we weren't allowed to drive, so Liam drove us to Violet's house.

The ride was boring and eerily quiet, that is until we started blasting Forest by Twenty One Pilots as loud as we possibly could.

The ride wasn't long, just a few minutes until we reached the house I spent most of my childhood. No paying attention to anything John and Liam said we ran into the house still singing Forest. I went to the zoo the other day.

"Hey, Vi," a familiar voice said. "I went to the zoo the other day. It was empty, except for a single dog," he paused, "it was a Shih Tzu."

He and Violet started laughing immediately.

"Charlie?" I asked.

"Hi, Alina!" he giggled, rolling on the floor, holding his stomach.

"Where are the other boys?"

He giggled harder, "at the house, I believe."

"If you're lying," I said in a baby voice, "I won't give you your favorite gun back."

"FINE! They're in the car."

"Charlie, you were going to lie to us?"

"Yeah," he looked down, ashamed as if he'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "They told me I had to, or else they would throw all the icing down down the garbage disposal and safety pin my eyes open!" His voice sounded as though he was crying.

"You can buy more icing!" I whisper-yelled.

He stopped fake crying, "oh, yeah."

"Right! We came here for clothes," Violet said and ran upstairs into her black and white bedroom.