Home - 36

Roman was sitting in his hospital bed, a whole week had past since he had been admitted here after the fall. He was beyond bored, he had nothing to do all day long. The doctors had been keeping him in to test that he had no brain damage after he had hit his head hard. He was so sick of it all, everyday it was the same.. He would wake up missing Dean and wishing he was not here, he would be given breakfast that he would hardly touch, he would think of Dean some more, he would then listen to music, his parents would come see him and he would barely talk to them as he was still angry at them, he would stare out the window and think of Dean once again, he would listen to music to distracting himself from his thoughts, he would be given lunch which for the second time in a day that Roman would pick at and not want as the food here was not very nice, it gave him little to no appetite, he would then watch some tv to distract himself from how being here trapped in this white room was driving him crazy, his mum may come back again and Roman would just give her attitude, next a nurse would come check on him and the doctor would check on him again, then more food would be served to him which he would try to eat but end up giving up on, Roman would then think about Dean some more and would cry hating everything, more tv time, then it was lights out not too long after.

Roman sat on the bed it was mid day, he couldn't stop thinking about Dean no matter what, he was on his brain even if Roman tried his best to not think of him he was there again he would see his face, his eyes, his lips. He wanted him badly yet he could not have him, Roman thought to himself 'I guess .. This is how it feels to be truly in love with someone.. And lose them' as he thought the last part a tear overflowed then run down his cheek. He heard a knock on the door, he quickly dried the tear away on his arm before the door opened. The head doctor came in "Hello Roman, I have some good news for you" Roman looked at the man sitting up in the bed the best he could, wondering what the 'good news' could be. Roman tilted his head a little "Oh.. What is it?" He said in reply, the doctor was sat on the seat that was beside the bed as he answered smiling at the younger man "As you know we have been doing numerous tests to check if your brain has had any signs of damage, and I am pleased to tell you that after a week of checking there are no signs of any brain damage. You have had no more problems following the concussions, of course it makes you want to sleep more but over the past days you have been improving greatly. So Roman I am allowing you to go home now, to heal up that leg".

Roman listened intently, he was so relieved that he did not have any damage to his brain and his head had been feeling a lot better. The numbness had all passed and the tiredness has lessened, now he was tired due to the fact he was sat here all day doing nothing. He could not help but smile widely when he heard the doctor say he would finally leave the hospital and go home, he spoke back the doctor the change in his tone was very present "I can really go home?" The doctor nodded and replied "Yes Roman" he chuckled "I called your parents to pick you up, you will come in of course in a few weeks to remove the cast and you will need to go attend physiotherapy when the cast is off! As you need to strengthen up the leg and kind of learn to walk with it again. But till then you will need to keep using the crutches, which I will get ready for you to take home with you" Roman was feeling happier, he could be back in his room again! He loved his room it was his little place with all his stuff, somewhere he could truly relax.

He had not been back home since his dad had drove him and his cousins to the military school, he couldn't wait to return to his bedroom and be resting in his cozy bed.. Unlike this bed which was not too nice to rest in. He knew he didn't want to be around his parents, but he would just have to endure them. The doctor got up to leave the room, he turned before he left the door "You need to take it easy ok Roman.. Take care" he then left the room closing the door behind him. Roman smiled happily, he was so happy that he could leave this room and not have to deal with anymore tests. He lie back on the bed and waiting till someone would take him home, he was more than ready to leave this hospital.

———————————————————

An hour had passed, Roman's parents had shown up at the hospital and the nurses had helped Roman into a wheel chair. His parents walked over to Roman, his mum ruffled his hair smiling at her son "Time to get you home Roman" she was clearly relieved that she would finally have her son back at home. Roman loved his mother a lot, she was one of his favourite people in this world, but he was so angry over everything that happened and he was not ready to forgive his parents just yet. He nodded in reply to his Mom and said softly "Finally!".

They wheeled him to the car after his Father filled out some papers with the nurses, they reached the car and reluctantly Roman allowed his Dad to help him onto the front passenger seat of the car. It was pretty awkward trying to get into the car with that big cast on his leg, his parents got in and his Dad started the car and headed home. All the way back his parents would occasionally try talk to Roman, but all they would get back in reply were short quick answers. Not long after they reached the house that Roman had not been at for over a month, he looked out the front window of the car looking at the building he really was happy to be back here he had missed it.

Once again his Father would help Roman as he got out of the car as his mum handed him his crutches, Roman had not learnt to use the crutches to all too well as of yet.. But he was determined he would walk on his own as he pulled away from his dads gasp as he said lowly "I've got this.. I'm fine" his dad stepped away feeling a little confused by how Roman had been acting towards the two lately "Ok son" he replied. His parents walked ahead opening the front door, they stood and watches as Roman slowly managed to hop his way up the pathway, his mom said as she wanted to help him "Do you need help Roman?" Which of cause led Roman to shake his head "No.." He got into the house and looked around the familiar lounging area, Roman so far was finding this broken leg and these crutches to be rather annoying and difficult but he didn't want his parents help. He made his way to the kitchen, opening the fridge he took out a bottle of cold water. He placed it on the kitchen counter as he realised carrying anything whilst walking with these crutches would be impossible, he slide the water into his hoodie pocket smiling to himself a little thinking 'Sorted that problem easily enough'.

He sighed heavily making his way to the stairs, he reached them and looked up the staircase. It appeared to be so high up now, as he knew it would be so difficult to get up there. He was getting irritated as he realised he would need help from his parents even if he didn't want it. If he tried to make it up there alone he would lost likely fall and hurt himself even further, he went to turn round as he heard footsteps coming his way. As he span round he heard his Father say to him "You weren't about to try make it up there alone now were you son?" Roman thought to himself 'oh you act like you care about me now.. Not when you sent me away to a darn military school..' He shrugged a little before he looked at his father and replied "Well.. How else will I get to my room..?" His dad chuckled ignoring his son's attitude towards him, he had noticed he had been this way with him and his mum since Roman had been back. He placed a hand on Romans shoulder "Come on.. I'll help". Roman rolled his eyes knowing his Father would insist on helping even if he said 'No its ok' and the truth was Roman needed help getting up those stairs. 

Not too long after Roman was finally back in his bedroom, the place were he felt the most comfortable. He was just glad that his dad had not stuck around and insisted on talking, he sat on his bed looking around his room. He lye back on his bed, as he wriggled out his shorts. This cast was causing Romans life to be more difficult that it had been before, he scooted backwards and lie back on his bed staring at the ceiling. He began thinking about all the things that had happened to him these past few months, it all felt so odd to him like it was all some kind of weird dream. But of course Roman knew it was real, the feelings he has felt were real and the pain was definitely real.

Roman reached for his smart phone which was by the bed, as he clicked on his texts he realised that he never actually texted anyone but his cousins. He scrolled though his social media seeing a number of notifications, not caring for any of them. He closed all the apps and stared at the phone, in that moment he was once again thinking about Dean. He wished he could text him, or FaceTime him. He then realised that he didn't even have his number even if Dean did have his phone on him.

AN- Hey guys!!! So so sorry I took a long time to update this fic! I have been busy, I hate when life gets in the way of fics writing :(
Hope you all like this update! Fun stuff is to come in the following chapters! You will not have too wait so long for the next update. Summerslam was awesome!! 2 out of our boys won titles! So happy! I can see this friendship going a long way! It warms my Shield heart!! ❤️😌