Chapter 7- Jessica

My body filled up with panic. This was my first quest alone. I didn't have more skilled campers with me.
   I mean I did have Nathan. But I don't think he would apply as a very skilled one. He can be pretty clumsy. But he could steal almost as good as the Hermes Cabin twins.
   But still. This was going to be hard. I started to form an ideal plan. Chop of the goats head first. Then cut off the snake. Then slay the lion. The thing was how are we going to get close to that goat if he was always spewing flames?
Well me and Nathan had to try. In order to find that Cyclops we had to defeat the Chimera. We can do it I thought to give me more confidence.
"Ok shimmer lets go down a little bit more." I said as I took out my bow. Then Nathan pulled out his bronze sword. The sword was pretty simple. Even though he had made a Hephaestus camper put a flaming tiger at the hold. It was a 10 foot sword and was Celestial bronze.
The Chimera saw are weapons and instantly blew fire at us. It was amazing how far it could shoot. Shimmer flew to the side and the fire missed us. The goat then blew a line of fire coming towards us.
The heat was so intense my eyes were watering. The goat kept its red angry eyes on us as it still spew fire. I saw the head now wearing and I took this as my chance.
After 4 seconds I realized my mistake. The Chimera was smarter than I thought. We swirled under the flames. But the goat had led us right into the position of perfect range for the lion to grab the leg of are horse.
I told Shimmer to go higher but she was so scared. And before I knew it I was falling alongside the Chimera. It looked as if was kinda dazed falling so I took this as my chance. Just as we fell I landed on the Chimeras back with a heavy THUMP! before I could think I grabbed and arrow and lodged it into the goat.
I felt something hot hit me in the back but I didn't care. I just dug that arrow deep into the goats throat until it came out the other side. Then the lion bucked me off.
I stood up slowly but it felt like I was getting weaker. I faced the lions head straight on but before I could do something I heard a faint yelling. I noticed my vision was blurry.
Then I realized why. I forgot the poison spitting snake on the back of the chimera.
I saw a dagger come down and slice into the Chimera. It roared out in anger looking for someone who threw that.
I then could barely see but still I saw Nathan dig his sword into the Chimera.
I fell. And just before I could black out I faintly heard Nathan calling my name.