Chapter 24: Who Is Isobel?

Start from the beginning

I sighed and placed the booze down,"I'm sorry to hear that she didn't come back. Maybe she has a valid reason as to why she hasn't returned?"

My words triggered something in Damon. His flirty demeanor shifted to one of anguish as he shook his head at me and shouted out," She would've found me by now if she really wanted to be with me! Do you not get that?!"

"Hey! There is no reason for you to yell at me! I came here to make sure you were okay, not argue with you! I care about you Damon and it hurts me to see you in pain!" I shouted back with honesty.

Damon stared at me with a look of surprise from my raw honestly and hesitated to speak. Right when he was about to, the lights flickered on and I heard someone else enter the room. "Arina, you should know better than to show up here at this time."

I turned around to see it was Stefan. He had a troubled look on his face as he looked between Damon and I. Part of me wondered how much of our conversation Stefan heard before jumping in.

"What do you want Stefan?" Damon grumbled at his younger brother.

"There was a woman you may have known a few years back named Isobel in North Carolina at Duke," Stefan elaborated as he sauntered over to Damon and I.

"You wanna discuss the women in my past right now? Seriously?" Damon glared at him with even more agitation then before.

"You killed her," Stefan stated bluntly and shrugged.

"What's your point?" Damon questioned suspiciously.

"I just—just wanna know if you remember anything about her," Stefan vaguely replied.

"Oh, it's like a needle in a haystack, Stefan," Damon droned with irritation.

Stefan sighed before responding,"Well, think hard. It's important."

Damon clapped Stefan on the shoulder, whispered something in his ear then pulled away. He turned to me and grabbed the bottle I had set down earlier.

Damon then chided to his brother,"Great chat but Arina and I were in the middle of a conversation. Leave."

Stefan narrowed his eyes at Damon and calmly replied, "I'm surprised you're not going out and exploiting more women...Anyway, you'll have to say whatever it is you want to say in front of me because I need to talk to Arina about something too."

Damon scoffed and coldly barked, "No. It can wait." He then took off, leaving me frowning.

I watched Damon leave the room before I  turned to Stefan and nervously questioned out," What's going on?"

"Arina, you need to be extra careful around Damon. You've seen first hand that he's not in the right frame of mind. To make matters worse, he might've killed Alaric  Saltzman's wife. What makes this more complicated is that she also might be Elena's mom," Stefan revealed to me.

My eyes went wide with shock as I replied, "No way."

As I left the Salvatore house I called Elena and began to talk to her about her mother. Apparently her mom's name is Isobel Flemming. She also told me how she visited a high school friend of isobel's and got suspicious vibes from her. From there the two of us met up and hung out until it was time for the Founder's day fundraiser.

Before going to the fundraiser we went to pick up Stefan. As we entered his room Elena called out his name. To our surprise we heard Damon call out, "Better. Me."

Damon sauntered out of the bathroom without a shirt on. For a brief second my eyes trailed down his body and noticed the distinct v-line above his pelvis. My eyes quickly glanced up to his. I anxiously played with my hair as Elena awkwardly commented, "You look, um..."