XIII. helpful niggas & bad tempers

AUTHOR

*ONE MONTH LATER*

"HE did what,"zayn asked angrily.

"zayn just leave it alone,"ochuko sighed wheeling into the kitchen where we parents were.

"ochuko that isn't something that needs to be left alone, he could kill you next time,"ochuko's mom spoke.

"but he's not going to cause imma rock his ass if he tries to,"ochuko said wheeling to the cabinet under her sink where a fully loaded gun lay under the borders.

then she went to one of the floor boards and pulled out a finely sharpened knife.

"see he won't hurt me, i have more hidden weapons all around the house i'm not a victim and i won't act like one. mum, pop i'm not scared of that man, i know i probably should be, but i'm not in fact i want him to try something, i want him to try me so i can show him all the things i should've showed him that night he did this to me,"ochuko swung her wheelchair around rolling into the empty living room.

"ochuko trying to fight that man could be dangerous, especially in the condition your in right now—sweetheart— you legs barely work what if,what if he kills you or paralyzes you for good. your father, me, miko and zayn can't always be there for you,"he mother explained.

ochuko listened to what her mother said and knew that most of what she was saying was the truth, but she didn't care she'd had her dignity destroyed he'd turned her into a weakling and that was the last thing she wanted to be.

"i can defend myself,"she growled digging her nails into the arm cushions on her wheelchair.

"nobody said you couldn't, you just don't have to. you don't have to fight all by yourself baby i'm here—we're here for you. i didn't have anyone to protect me, but you do and i swear to Allah i will protect you with my whole self,"zayn sternly spoke meaning every word he said.

"don't use Allah's name in vein z,"ochuko shook her head.

"i'm serious—,"he paused to bend down to face her since she'd thrown her head down.

he gently lifted her head up as though she was a delicate new born to gentle and precious for this cruel world.

he stared into her coca brown eyes searching for that same spirt he saw when he first met her, and when he saw it he smiled placing a gentle peck on her forehead.

"i love you ochuko and i will protect you i wasn't there for you when you needed me, but for now on i will be. i'll be you guardian angel your little slice of heaven whatever you want to call it; all that matters is that i'll always be on your side,"zayn smiled.

though instead of receiving a smile back from koko he got tears, loud pain-filled tears.

"y-you ca—can't protect me f-from this, this feeling, f-f-feeling sick —useless —worthless,you—you can't help me w-with that,"ochuko stuttered her head still held low as she let the fall on zayn's pant leg.

zayn pulled her in hugging her, making sure not to hurt her. ochuko never moved she stayed with her head low and tears trickling down her face.

"i—,"zayn was interrupted by ochuko's father.

"CUT THIS SHIT OUT,"his booming voice echoing through ochuko's new home,she jumped at the harshness of her father's tone.

"i don't know who you are, but your not my daughter,"he yelled pointing at ochuko with fire laced in his being.