Chapter 30

It's raining again. I sit outside on the porch swing by myself after running out on Madison a few minutes earlier. I just need to be alone right now. No one ever thinks about how important alone time is.
But I find it crucial to a person's well being. I think it's healthy to be alone sometimes and I've really been skipping out on that throughout this tour.
It's nice to just sit out here under the shelter of the roof and just watching the rain pour down. It's kind of cold though, but I don't want to go back inside for a sweater and risk being seen by someone. Then I would have to talk to them, which I really don't want to do right now.
Tomorrow I'll apologize to Shawn, but right now I just need to be on my own.

I close my eyes and lean back against the swing, finally feeling a little bit relaxed. I feel like I could fall asleep out here, that is until I hear the door open.

"What do you want?" I call out, not opening my eyes.

"I just wanted to bring you this." A voice behind me says. Sitting up and opening my eyes, I peer over my shoulder to find Johnson halfway out the door holding a large, soft blanket.

"Oh... thank you." I say quietly, my tone less harsh. He comes over and wraps the blanket around my shoulders.

"May I?" He asks, motioning to the empty spot beside me on the bench. I nod and he sits down.

"Are you doing okay? Like, is everything cool between you guys?" Johnson asks me.

"Can we just like, not talk right now?" I ask hopefully. He looks at me for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah of course." He agrees softly, leaning back against the swing as well. I curl up to his side, resting my head on his shoulder and tucking my legs up beside me.

"Thanks." I mutter. We fall back into the peaceful state I had been in before he came, not saying a word, just sitting and listening to the rain.
I like this.

......

"Wake up lovebirds!" Someone screeches, jolting me awake.

"What the heck Carter!" I groan, sitting up. My back and neck ache, letting me know what a stupid idea it was to fall asleep on a wooden bench. Ten out of ten would not do that again.

"Oh gosh, what time is it?" Johnson groans, standing up and rubbing his neck, grimacing in pain.

"Like, eleven o'clock. We have to leave for the show in an hour." Carter replies, smirking at our painful physical state.

"One hour? Jeez I gotta shower!" I exclaim, dashing into the house and up to Dana's room to get my clothes.

"Whoever is in there, hurry up!" I shout, pounding on the door when I arrive to find it locked. To my surprise, the occupant opens up immediately.

"Shawn?" I ask, surprised to see him for some reason. Oh I hope he didn't see Johnson and I asleep on the bench last night. He would end things with me so fast.

"Hello Lauren." He says curtly, slipping around me and going downstairs without so much as a goodbye. I don't blame him for still being mad at me.
Sighing, I go into the bathroom and turn on the shower. The scent of his deodorant lingers in the room and it makes me miss him, even though we aren't apart. I really need to patch things up with him, I hate fighting.
Once the water is hot, I undress and get in the shower, trying to wash up as quickly as I can. Then, once I'm done, I reach out to grab my towel. To my horror, it isn't there. In my rush to get in here, I forgot to grab one at all. Poking my head out behind the shower curtain, my eyes frantically search the room for some kind of towel I could use. I wish Shawn left his in here.