Meeting Kyu

It was a quiet mid spring morning when I arrived at my new house in Heartton; a nice suburban town by the beach. I explored around my property as the movers carried my things into my new home, I didn't want to get in their way. This is actually the town where I was born and spent a lot of my childhood, it's been ten long years since I've been back here. My father got a new job in another city, so naturally I had to move away with him. In the end it paid off, because of that, my whole family is loaded. my new "house" is practically a mansion if only a bit smaller, I wanted to move out but I didn't want to live in a big empty house all by myself. I also drove a very expensive car given to me by my parents; sadly I don't drive it often and now that I live in a town where everything you need is pretty much in walking distance I decided to just leave it in the garage for now. As I make my way back around to the front of the house to see how the movers are doing I was hit with nostalgia as I thought about when I was a kid living around here. I was quite popular, everybody wanted to be my friend, and I was brimming with confidence. I could go up and talk to anybody I wanted with no fear....

"We're all done here, Miss" a young man called to me as I walked over, he was one of the movers. I froze and looked away "um.. Thanks...." I quickly said and hurried into the house, leaving the man a bit confused.

Time has a way of changing things. When I moved away I found it much harder to make friends, especially since my father was moving up in his business. I had to take special classes to learn to take over the company one day... that kept me away from people. Before I knew it, it was hard to even talk to people at all, especially boys (and especially when puberty started to hit me).

I figured... If I was such a social butterfly the last time I was here...Maybe coming back would... return me to how I was...

I sigh to myself as I lean against the front door. There was no sound... The house was very quiet. Since I've spent a lot of time alone I became used to it and never really felt 'lonely'... However I couldn't help but think it would be nice to have someone else with me sometimes.

I spent the rest of the day unpacking and decorating my new abode. Before I knew it, it was already evening. I caught myself staring outside at the street, the trees, the people walking by. I wonder how much this place has changed since I've been gone.... I decided I should walk around a bit to get to know the place better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw the new university that was built a few years ago, strolled through the park, caught a glimpse of the mall, and as I was going to circle back home I noticed a lively bar open. A bar... that's where people my age go...right? Having not spent much time with people my age I am quite out of touch with others in my age group, so as an attempt to see what all the fuss is about I decided to go in.

Only a few steps inside I hear a voice say "hey~". When I turn to the direction of the voice I see a handsome brunette with bright green eyes looking right at me.

"Wha-what? Me?" I stammered.

"Who else would I be talking to?" he asked.

"Oh.. sorry, I don't talk to a lot of guys..." I could feel my cheeks already start to burn with colour.

"You seem to be talking to one now, gorgeous~. The names Kyu, pleasure to meet you" I could feel the confidence in the way he spoke and carried himself.. that was quite different from me.

"I-I'm.. (Y/n)"

"(Y/n), huh?". He looked into my eyes and his smile fades to what looks like concern. "Are you gunna be okay? It looks like you're having trouble keeping everything together"

"No no! I'm just.. Um... uh..."

"I uh uh eh" he mocks me "see? There you go, proving my point".

I lowered my head sadly and nervously play with my hair "is it that obvious..?"

"No offence but I'm pretty sure I could see your nerves from mars." he said. He started thinking and murmuring to himself "well... hmmm...this actually just might work out quite splendidly... yeah oh-ho-ho~ this is perfect! YOU'VE got some lucky stars tonight! Alright, I gotta go, but we'll see each other soon, I promise. Goodnight~" he finishes saying and rushes out.

Well that was... odd... then I noticed this bar had many more men in it than I thought and I couldn't take another interaction like that right now so I hurried home. What was I thinking!?

~at home~

I laid on my bed and found myself only able to think about that guy... what did he mean by "soon"? I decided to shake it off and fall asleep, my first night in the new house was much more comfortable than I thought it would be... I should probably stay inside for a while...

~The next morning~

I hear a soft voice calling out to me. "hello? Hellooo~? Let's go up and att'em, we've got work to do~" though I heard this voice I kept my eyes closed, wanting to sleep a bit longer.. It's probably just a dream. I hear someone clear their throat before- "WAKE UP, SLEEPYHEAD!!" I jolt up and grab my chest to stop myself from having a heart attack

"w-wha- huh??". I saw a man standing at my bedside, he had long pink hair and emerald green eyes. He's wearing pink clothes... very... revealing.. pink clothes....but I'm not necessarily complaining, I am a bit of a perv sometimes... and wait-... on his back..... Wings??

"Am I still dreaming? Who are you?" I asked in confusion.

"Hate to burst your bubble but this is totally real, c'mon, don't you recognize this handsome face~? Its Kyu. From the bar!"

"Uuuuhhhh..."

"If it hasn't occurred to you yet.. I'm a fairy. More specifically, a love fairy"

"Uuuuhhhhh..."

"My job as a love fairy is to help poor unfortunate souls like you out with the men, it's not easy but it's what I do. My track record's pretty impressive too... alongside something else but ANYWAY getting off topic! Every client I've dealt with always ends up as the ones men claw and fight each other over. You on the other hand... you'll be my greatest masterpiece when I'm done. Guarantee it!"

I grip the covers over me and ask "why would you help me? What do you get out of it?"

"I just wanna hook a sister up with a nice guy for a night or two! Is that wrong? We need to get you ready for some lovin' so tell me, how many dates have you been on?"

"Um...define...'date'.."

"Oh... dear god.. It's worse than I thought." he looks outside to see the sun is already rising. "Aww fuck! It's already morning! We're gonna need to speed things up to get back on schedule. Alright. here. I have something veerrry important to give you. guard it with your life. May I present the latest in love fairy technology~ the hunkiebee 4.0! This lovely device is your go-to life line when trying to make lots of love on the go! It registers new guys you meet directly into its database and tracks their locations for you... in case you wanna.. meet up with them~. Also, you can check out your inventory, buy gifts, give yourself little upgrades... it's pretty much the best thing ever made! There are a lot of other features in there but we don't have time to waste, you'll figure it out eventually, big girl. Now get dressed, we're going out!"

"G-going out??"

"Yeah, if you wanna get a hot guy you gotta go where the hot guys aaaare. Now, let's get out there and talk to some dudes!"

"Uh...sure"

"Ahem.. I think you mean "hell yeah!"

"Um... HELL YEAH!"

"Theeeeeeeere we go! Now let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I got dressed Kyu made a list of the best places in town to find "hot dudes" I decided on going to the mall first.