10: A Questionable Situation

Friday, October Fourth

Aaliyah pursed her lips at the sight of Damien's skin curling smirk. She knew he'd set her up and if she didn't play her cards right, it would only be a matter of time before her cover was blown. "Why are you telling me this?" Liyah questioned idly, eliciting Dez to turn to his brother for answers as well. Damien sat peacefully in the bed, yet did not utter a single word. As he fixed the cuffs of his shirt around his wrist to hide his tattoo, the man averted his attention to the window next to his bed.

"Because, I don't trust you Sha'Mear." He refocused his attention to the woman. "I've been watching you since the day you stepped in the Red Territory and I'm quite confident that you don't have the balls to turn me into the Feds...." Damien sized the woman up, and Liyah could feel his calculating eyes beaming against her smooth, brown skin. "...I don't know what you're intentions are quite yet, but I'm bond to find out. So let's hope that the story you told me checks."

Aaliyah founded her arms against her chest. "So you plan on threatening me to get the answers you want?"

"If it comes down to that...then yes, I do." Damien grinned at her innocently before turning to his brother to ask him to ever so kindly escort Sha'Mear out of the room. Aaliyah scoffed and made her way out, at which Desmond followed suit. Liyah picked up her pace a bit but froze in her tracks when she felt Dez slide his brown, calloused palm into her hand. He gave her hand a slight tug, eliciting the woman to spin halfway until their eyes made connect in the middle of the hospital corridor.

Her heart stopped for a nanosecond, and that gesture alone bothered her.

Was she starting to catch feelings for Dez?

"Sha'Mear, you be careful out there. Damien isn't one who is very forgiving, but for some odd reason I trust you." He stated after gazing into her eyes for a tab bit longer than he should have. Aaliyah held her breath before she slowly pulled her palm from his grasp. Desmond took note of the gesture but did not utter a single word.

"I appreciate the warning, but I'm good. Your secrets are safe with me." She lied, but mustered the strength to give off the best believable smile that she could. "I gotta go make my money, Dez. You causing me to lose profit right now." Desmond chuckled at that and languidly stepped away from her, with his hands jammed firmly into his pants pockets. In was in that moment, Aaliyah finally had the chance to admire how Dez's chiseled body illuminated behind his black t-shirt. His pecs stood out like proud warriors awaiting battle, and his toned arms mimicked the rocks along side a riverbed. His dark brown eyes held a hint of security yet were shrouded with hatred for the world; for the life he chose to live.

Desmond bit lightly into his ample bottom lip and said, "Yeah...Imma let you get back to it." Aaliyah waved and walked off as quickly as she could. With this new information going through her mind, she had to advise a strategic plan to get this information to the police. She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed in exasperation. If she flat out told the police, she'd be a dead man. If she was even caught near the police station, she was dead. Damien purposely told her their biggest secret as a way to test her loyalty to them.

If anyone else found out about that particular information, than she'd be hunted down by every member of the Reds in California. Damien wanted her dead anyway, but he obviously just wanted to toy with her first. Aaliyah stopped in her walk towards her home at the sound of abrupt screaming coming from the East. She turned and scattered in that direction until she noticed a young woman, being dragged into a limousine by men in Blue.

Aaliyah gulped and slowly hid behind a dumpster to watch from a safe place. The young woman kicked and screamed, fighting back the best she could from getting captured.