9: A Drunken Man

After being stranded during a shootout at the local restaurant, Aaliyah felt the need to return back to her makeshift apartment until further instruction. She was playing the role as a defenseless prostitute but sometimes her training wanted to kick in.

Liyah was always a tough girl and she didn't like the idea of being someone else's "damsel in distress". If she wanted to keep her role as Sha'Mear going, Aaliyah needed to get her head in the game. No more running completely, Chief needed her and she took that oath to protect these citizens of California. If they could not catch who was kidnapping these women, then what justice would she be bringing to this city? Liyah sighed in exasperation at that thought. Upon reaching the apartment complex parking lot, she noticed Damien outside on the second floor balcony. Approximately around the same general area of her front door. He wore a completely different shirt from earlier today and his head was covered in a black toboggan.

As Liyah approached the staircase, he languidly turned his head and glared at the woman. Calculating each movement she took as she drew near him. "Where ya been?" came his gruff response eliciting Aaliyah to smack her lips. She wasn't one to be questioned by anyone let alone an egoistical asshole like Damien.

"Out." Can't her quick response as Liyah reached into her pocket and pulled out her apartment key. "You have some nerve coming here after you guys left me! They were shooting!"

Damien said nothing for a moment as he watched the woman fumble with her key chain. "I told you to go and you were being stubborn so I said fûck it. If you wanted to stick around and die so be it." He answered in a matter of fact tone as he folded his arms across his muscular chest.

Liyah shot the man a quick side glare, "I hope you know you're an asshole."

Damien smirked. "I've heard that once or twice before." Aaliyah found herself smacking her lips once again as she pushed open the front door to the apartment. The quiet atmosphere soothed her mind until she noticed the echo of an extra pair of feet come in behind her. Aaliyah turned to see Damien entering into her home at which she groaned under her breath.

"Place looks like shít. For a prostitute, you'd think you'd have better home training." Damien scoffed out as he found his way to the couch and sat down cautiously. Damien seemed a bit off to her but what bothered Aaliyah the most had been that he came to her apartment alone. Liyah locked her front door and disappeared to the back room. She rubbed the imaginary wrinkles from her shirt, and forced her feet to move across the carpeted floor of her bedroom. The woman's raven colored hair had now been tamed into a ponytail about her head. The screeching sound of metal against concrete radiating from the living room made the woman slightly cringe, however she payed it no mind as she continued to search her bedroom for clothes.

Damien must have been searching through the fridge. So rude!

The familiar floorboards squeaked mismatched patterns under someone's feet. The door to the room closed softly, eliciting the woman to turn to see that Damien had now entered into her bedroom.

"What do you want anyway?" Aaliyah snapped as she rolled her eyes nonchalantly and continued to search for her clothes.

"The truth." Aaliyah quickly whipped around to see Damien's determined visage. By this time, Liyah was able to fully acknowledge the man. Damien wore a black button up shirt– although he refused to button up the shirt completely–revealing a muscular, milk chocolate chest. He also wore a pair of black jeans, and immediately Aaliyah eyes traveled down to the bulge sticking from Damien's side. Aaliyah clenched her teeth.

Damien had a gun and she was underprepared. She had one, but hers was on the other side of the room.

"What truth?..." Aaliyah began cautiously, "....I told you what I came to Red District for!" Damien chuckled, eliciting the young woman to quirk up an eyebrow at him.