5: Michael

Thursday, October Third

"Put your hands up!" Blake shouted as Officer Smith leaned against the car for protection. The duo found themselves in a stand off with a potential suspect in the death of Ms. Amber Michaels. The man was currently refusing arrest, and Blake was 99.9% sure that he had been packing. But he wasn't going to shoot until he saw the weapon. The blonde haired man glanced down at his partner, who had been crouched against the side of the cruiser. And when their eyes connected Smith nodded her head. Within seconds, she dashed to the left and found safety behind a nearby brick building.

"I won't say it again before I have to use force..." Blake began, "...Put your fúckin' hands up!" This time the tall African-American man did as instructed and within moments, Aaliyah rushed in with her firearm drawn as she approached the man.

"Hands behind your back, sir!" she demanded, and reluctantly he complied without the need to use any force to detain him. She loved criminals who did as they were told without the unnecessary hassle of wrestling the handcuffs on them. Aaliyah concentrated as she slipped the cool steel around the man's wrists and listened to his calm breathing underneath her. Blake approached the duo with the same amount of caution as Officer Smith had done. "Have any weapons on you, sir?"

"Check the front of his pants." Blake said confidently as he helped lift the man off the ground, at which Aaliyah slipped on a glove, reached into the band of his jeans, and grabbed a 9mm. Blake nodded his head and escorted the man to the cruiser at the end of street. Pedestrians watched silently but made no attempt to fight against the arrest. A few individuals had their cameras out, waiting for something to pop off but Aaliyah covered her face the best way she could.

She didn't want anyone to see her face, especially while she was currently involved with the Adonis case.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning..." Blake put the suspect in the back of the cruiser while he read him his Miranda Rights. Leaning against the door once he strapped the suspect in the seatbelt, he added, "...Do you understand everything I said?" The man nodded his head. "Questions?"

"Yeah, I got one pig..." The man spat as he glared at Officer Dugone. "...Why da hell I'm being arrested?! I ain't did nun." Aaliyah shook her head and answered his question.

"You're a suspect in the death of Amber Michaels. And besides, you weren't under arrest until you started resisting and we found out you had a gun on you. You could've killed us, sir." He glared at the both of them, but said nothing as Smith closed the door and slipped into one of the front seats in the vehicle. Blake drove back to the station, calling ahead for Chief Hector and Detective Ming to be waiting in the interrogation room.

Aaliyah looked up into the rearview mirror only to meet the suspect's intense stare. He watched her carefully and only her, but Liyah paid it no mind. She knew Investigator Ming would keep the man as long as she possibly could, so he'd forget her face. Or if that didn't work, he had an unauthorized weapon on his person which was a plus for them. She looked down at the weapon in the Ziploc Bag and shook her head.

Blake pulled into the station's parking lot and cut the car off. Liyah got out the cruiser and opened the back door for their suspect. She unbuckled his seatbelt and pulled the man out the backseat, at which he glared down at her. She looked up at him while Blake sat in the car and filed their report. Although, Aaliyah was fairly short for this occupation, she knew how to handle her own. "Try something, I dare you." The man smirked down at her, but said nothing.