14: Welcome to Blue Territory

Aaliyah sat in the backseat of the car, and stared idle out the back passenger side window. There was just so much blood all over the floor, and she knew that Damien would bleed out if no one came to save him in time. But to have him lay there with his brother's lifeless body just inches away from his feet was something only a monster could do. Liyah had tried numerous times to open the back door, but Terrence was smart enough to turn on the child lock.

This was all her fault! If she would have  listened to Blake and stayed put, Desmond would still be alive! And Damien wouldn't be clinging to life alone on the cement floor. She was so stupid! Aaliyah ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. For a cop who graduated from the Academy at the top of her class, she made more mistakes than anything.

Chief always said he admired her passion for her job, but passion could only get you so far. And here she was, trapped in a car with a person she thought to be her friend, and a murderous drug lord. It seemed like everyone she encountered died. First Amber, then Michael, and now Desmond.

Aaliyah glared at Legend, who smirked when their eyes met. Just looking at him made Aaliyah want to throw up. But she had so many questions after leaving the hideout.

Was Damien okay?
Why did they kiss?
What did Legend want with her?
How did Terrence know Legend and how was he involved in this mess?!

It all was becoming a bit too much to process. She wasn't at her makeshift apartment to send an alert for backup, so Aaliyah was on her own. Not like this was her first time she'd been taken hostage while on the job. However, this was the first time Terrence wouldn't be there to save her from the situation.

"Just relax, love. We'll be home soon." Legend said after a few moments on silence. Aaliyah watched each move he made, and frowned at the gun resting by his side. The same gun he used to shoot Damien and kill Desmond with.

"Home?" Aaliyah asked. Legend smirked at Aaliyah, but said nothing. It was like their first encounter at the restaurant all over again. "I need to go back."

"For what?" Legend began, "So you can run back to your little cop friend and tell him everything that's happened?" He said. Aaliyah gawked at the man. He calculated her body, and studied her posture. The way his eyes watched her told her that in that moment, Legend had become either her saving grace or executioner. To which she knew Legend wasn't afraid to commit murder.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She retorted, which made Legend chuckle.

"I think you do, Sha'Mear." Legend said as he cupped Liyah's face in his hand. Legend looked over her body and smiled. With their faces merely inches away from the other, Legend said, "Or should I call you, Aaliyah? Quite frankly, you ought to be thanking me for not killing you after learning you're a cop."

Liyah pulled away from him. Legend removed his gun from his side and pointed it to Aaliyah's head. If he pulled the trigger she'd have a clean bullet wound right between her eyes. The perfect execution. Did Terrence rat her out to this man?!

"That's not my name."

"Oh but it is, Officer Smith." Legend retorted. Aaliyah glared at Legend, who returned the gesture. "Unless, we need to take a trip to Purple District, and ask your lovely parents who you are?"

Aaliyah clenched her jaw at that. Terrence was a pure snake, but why didn't she see it before now?! It was best for her to just confess and do whatever he wanted. Legend smiled once she began to relax in her body. "I see that your starting to come to your senses." Legend began, "So, Aaliyah I suggest you just relax until we make it home. Because if you and your family want to stay alive, you'll do exactly what I say."