Chapter Sixteen (XVI)

Start from the beginning

"Always and forever we are bound together." I whispered, holding the ring in my fist, over my heart. They were madly in love. A true mated pair.

It made my heart ache that Acheron was not here. It made me feel void. 

I sat down on their bed, the void growing more. I missed him, even if he was a bit rash. He was the other half to my soul... and it hurt to not have him here.

I laid down on the bed, trying to think of something other than him to help ease the ache, but I couldn't. The ache only got worse and worse. The ache spread from my heart to my pelvis, and it sent me into tears. I tried to endure the pain, but it was too much..

Acheron! I cried out to him, curling up in a ball. I felt like I hit a mental wall, made of titanium, steel, or obsidian... I couldn't stop when a pain like Kristine ripped through me, and it wrenched from my lips. "Please, Acheron! I need you..." I sobbed to him. "Please...Please, please, please..." I wanted the pain to stop. But, I kept hitting the wall. I kept trying out until one pain made it feel like the pain was breaking all the bones in my body. "ACHERON, PLEASE!" I felt the wall shatter just as I blacked out for good.

Acheron

I felt her poking at my barrier, but I couldn't bear to hear her voice. Not after sending her away. She kept poking and poking, until finally-

"ACHERON, PLEASE!" I felt her pain and I felt her need.

Go to her, you fool! My beast screamed at me. I felt another pain hit me from her end and I flew out to her parents land without a second thought.

*

Sapphire

I was only out for a few moments, but when I woke, the pain was constant instead of coming in waves. I was too weak to move, let alone open my eyes. 

Someone burst through the door downstairs and a scent invaded my nose. 

"Acheron..." I breathed, trying to open my eyes, to see if he was in front of me. But I couldn't. The door to my room opened, the scent growing stronger. 

"Holy hell, Sapphire..." His voice was a deep growl and it made me shiver painfully. "I-I..." He was holding himself back. A crack of pain ripped from my abdomen like lightning cracks the sky and it sent me on the verge of blacking out again. I had my face buried in the pillow to muffle my screams, but it did very little. "Please... Please let me help you." He almost pleaded. I was too tired for anything... I was too tired to even speak.

Just hold me... Please... I could barely send it out mentally before another pain hit.

"I can't promise to hold myself back..." He slid into the bed behind me, the pain easing up immensely. I mustered enough strength to turn over, burying my face in his neck. Him just having his hands on my skin soothed the pain... But it wasn't all the pain. "I'm sorry, Sapphire. So, so sorry." He breathed huskily into my hair. I breathed his scent, being lulled into a break from the pain, and a pitch black sleep.

*

I knew I didn't sleep long, but I regained some use of my body. I felt Acheron behind me, but he was not sleeping. He was drawing circles on my belly, keeping the pain at bay. 

"I know you're awake." His voice was still a deep growl, resisting all temptation. I cracked my eyes open, finding it dark outside. 

"How long was I out?" I didn't sound as miserable as before. 

"A few hours." I groaned, sinking myself into the bed. I was hungry, nauseous, wired, and exhausted. "Please, Sapphire... Let me ease your pain." His voice broke from his husky tone for just that moment. "I can feel your pain, Sapphire... I don't want you to be in this kind of pain." I closed my eyes, feeling the pain fluctuate now. "Let me take your pain away,  Mir Jairere, please..." A hand came up to caress my cheek and it made my body want more. 

"Take my pain away, Acheron." I couldn't help but almost sob. He rolled over to hold himself over me on his elbows, taking my face in his hands. He stared me in my eyes for a moment before pressing his lips softly to mine. Small bursts of sparks and pain relief flashed before my body and I had never felt such relief in all my life. 

One gentle kiss turned into hunger filled ones that made me quiver. His hands found mine and yanked them above my head, pushing the skirt up with his knee. In two seconds, he had sprung himself free and had his hands right back on my hands, slamming himself inside of me. It should have hurt, but, it felt like heaven. Continuing at his strength and pace, I was in pieces in under a minute. As I came, he roared, biting down between my shoulder, emptying himself inside me, and prolonged my own bliss. I shuddered and moaned, the pain almost non-existent now.

"Again." He growled, flipping me over onto my hands and knees. After a second round came a third... Then, a fourth...

Then, I lost count, too drunk on orgasms to keep track. I definitely preferred this over the pain... Khalia was right...