Chapter Ten

These two are just so gosh darn adorable together. I ship Kellan and Nikki together more than her and Ian... And that's not just because I want Ian to myself, which won't happen because they're married...

But a girl can dream, can't she?

-Sapphire-

Acheron was definitely not normal. Have you seen a 210 pound, muscular man getting a pedicure? It was scary and hilarious at the same time. He thought it would be a good idea to pamper me and join me in the pampering process.

"Enjoying yourself?" I asked as he was getting his feet and calves massaged.

"Yes." He moaned, making me snort-laugh. I covered my mouth and nose, which in turn, made him laugh.

"Careful, you just got your nails done." He warned me. I had gotten Gel polish so it wouldn't chip or peel off easily.

"They're set..." I checked them for any damages and there were none. Acheron chuckled and then moaned again as they worked on his other calf. "Hey, none of that." I glared at him. He looked at me and winked.

"Only for you, Saph." I rolled my eyes and wiggled my freshly manicured toes.

After our spa trip, we went back to the car, then to a restaurant called Buca di Beppo. The portions were huge, which is why Acheron said he liked to eat here.

A giant salad, two baskets of cheesy garlic bread, half a bowl of spaghetti and giant meatballs, and half a bowl of Alfredo later... Our hunger was curbed and people looked at us like we were insane.

And we'd be hungry again in a handful of hours.

The drive back was comfortably quiet and quick. Once back at the house, Acheron decided to lift me into his arms and carry me off to the bathroom with him. He drew us a bath, boiling hot for a mere human, but just right for us. After stripping our clothes, we slid into the sunken tub.

"Mm... I don't know how I could thank you for today." I murmured as he was rubbing my back. He hummed, coming up to the back of my neck and rubbed with his forefinger and thumb down from my cervical disk to my shoulders.

"There is no need to thank if I wanted to do this for you." He said before turning me to face him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, seeing his eyes darken.

"Maybe I want to thank you." I whispered in his ear before pressing a kiss on his throat. He was purring loudly as I trailed a hand down his chest. I kissed down to his neck juncture between his shoulder and he tensed. I had finally been ready to take the leap.

I licked his warm flesh, tasting him, which was as decedent as his scent, and pressed one last kiss before I sunk my teeth in. He hissed for a moment before moaning and pulling me closer. I felt our minds connect, as well as our hearts. I pulled off his mark before sealing it with a lick, then looked at my mate. He took my face in his hands, pulling my face to his, and gave me one hell of a ride.

*

-Acheron-

I saw the mark on my back. It was small and simple, a rune, a symbol for eternal love.

Usually, mates would bare Dragons with their names above it

Usually, mates would bare Dragons with their names above it. Hers was a tribal dragon with Acheron in cursive above it. Mine was a rune with her name scrawled below it. When a mark does that, it means I am above all the rest. Mine means she comes before anyone else.

I lay with my beautiful mate draped across my chest, sleeping soundly. But, something was off. I heard not only four heartbeats in the house...

But five...

I sniffed, noticing no new scents were in the house. Irsia and Saffron were sleeping in their room, but Khalila wasn't here. I looked to Sapphire, heavily doubting what my suspicions were. She shifted a bit, looking up at me.

"What's wrong?" She rubbed over my heart where her hand had been laying. I shook my head.

"Nothing is wrong." She narrowed her eyes at me, seeing right through the lie. I sighed. "There's a fifth heartbeat in this house... It's not Khalila." She raised an eyebrow, confused as I was. "There's only one explanation for that and I highly doubt it's true." She lowered her eyebrows and frowned in realization.

"You think I'm pregnant." It wasn't a question.

"You can't be... It takes years for a dragon to..." I rubbed my temples before taking a hand down my face.

"I'm not just a dragon, though.." I looked to her to see her eyes turn glassy and wet. "I... I can't be.."

"Don't be sad, Sapphire! Please don't be sad!" I begged her. "I would be elated if it's true, but it's very high risk..."

"I wasn't supposed to have children, Acheron!" Her voice sent a sharp stab of pain to my heart. "God knows how they're going to end up! Knowing my luck, they'll be three-eyed demonlings who are telekinetic and will destroy the house with one wail!" Lord, have mercy...

"Saph." She shook her head, sobbing hysterically. "SAPH." I gripped her shoulders, shaking her a bit. "Calm the hell down, would you?" She looked at me with tear-filled eyes. "They'll be the same as you. Granted, they will have more dragon blood than demon blood, but they will be the same as you." I wiped away some stray tears that fell from her eyes. "I will not leave you with a child like most deadbeat parents do nowadays. I'm yours, for life. That means I am a father to all your children. For life." She squeezed her eyes shut tightly, unable to fight the sobs escaping her lips. I pulled her into a tight hold, hugging her to my chest.

I knew how she felt about kids, but she knew how I felt about them, too. But together, I know we can handle what life throws at us. Even if our children would be telekinetic little demon dragons.

Happy Friday the 13th and full moon. I lost my job for the stupidest reasons partly to blame on the owner of my store and not carrying what we need and I have to send customers away. So, they fired me. Fucking bastards.

Anyways, as if my day couldn't get any worse or better, I adopted a new puppy, who was abandoned and abused just a month after she was given as a gift. Say hello to Princess Leia, a Pittie-Mix.

I'll work on updating sooner or later

I'll work on updating sooner or later. Give me time. Oh, and the next time someone asks/tells me to update when I CLEARLY have said shit was happening, I won't update ANYTHING for a month. I write as I feel like I can. I have lost two people dear to my heart and now my job. Pestering me to update is not something I accept.

~Shay