Chapter Twelve (XII)

-Sapphire-

Acheron had been indulging in the meals placed before us. They were minuscule compared to what we ate, but they were at least somewhat filling. I poked at the smoked salmon on the bed of Jasmine rice before taking a bite. It wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst.

"Are you not hungry?" He asked me, sipping his glass of wine. I shook my head.

"Not for this." I pushed it towards him. "I kind of want lamb... and medium rare for some reason." It sounded gross but it also sounded so appetizing right now.

"It's the child. You're going to crave fresh meat for probably the rest of your pregnancy." I groaned quietly. "Saffron makes a mean marinade for her kebabs. She might just keep a container of raw chunked lamb with the marinade for you if so wish." My stomach rumbled painfully as I wanted to sate my craving so bad. "I'll see what snacks they have available, okay?" He called the stewardess over, getting a list. "Do you want some chocolate cake?" He asked me. Mmmm... Chocolate. 

"Yes, please." She came back with a hearty slice of rich, dark chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. She refilled Acherons glass of Merlot, then went to go tend to the other occupants. "Does a Dragon pregnancy differ from a Human's with the whole liquor or drinking concept?" I asked curiously, taking a bite of the cake.

"Because our tolerance is so high, a glass of wine would be like drinking grape juice. But, because Erszi needs to monitor you so closely, I don't actually know if it would be a good idea." 

"Fair enough..."

"I'll ask Enyo if she's heard about it before, but a glass might not hurt you." He handed me his glass to sip. I usually didn't like red wines because of the dryness, but his was sweet and didn't dry out my mouth.

"Mm.." I handed him it back, not wanting to push my luck. I continued to eat the slice of cake, feeling a bit of the craving die down. 

"The good thing about Greece is that because it's Mediterranean, they do cook lamb. I hope you're a fan of olives." I scrunched my face up in disgust. I was never a fan of olives. "You can always request no olives as well, but they prepare them differently."

"It's not that... It's the texture for me that I don't like. Like, raw tomato for example. The texture and taste don't match for me and it just tastes like garbage to me." 

"Fair enough." He responded. He set my empty plate on his tray table and scooted my way. I tucked my legs up, scooting into his lap as he held me there. His sweet scent was like a sleep aid to me. He plugged in his double headphone jack to the tablet before putting on Arrow, leaving one bud out, and handed me the other pair. I did the same, resting my head on his shoulder. "We'll be there in about eight hours, it'll be nightfall in Athens. Eros and Enyo will be meeting us at the airport when we land." He leaned our seat back a bit.

"How is Enyo doing?" I asked curiously.

"Surprisingly okay. She's glad Theron is out of pain, but she does miss him deeply. Eros has been keeping her busy with taking her around, showing her the sites... She's recently learned how to blog, and she's been using a site that is linked to Thelrissia for us magical, telling her story of time, her journey... It's been helping her." I smiled to myself. Enyo said she was pretty much my mother-in-law now, in regards to Draconian law, at least, and she had shown me no hostility when I first met her. 

"That's good... I'm glad." I yawned, keeping my eyes on the screen.

"Believe me, I am, too. I wish you could have met my brother, but... He loved his mate so much, he joined her in death."