Chapter Two (II)

-Sapphire-

I was breathing. That wasn't right. I clearly remembered the fire... my skin burning... my lungs full of soot and ash... I should be dead.

I opened my eyes slowly with ease, looking at a soft blue ceiling. My ceiling is white... Where am I? I slowly pushed myself up, assessing my pain first. The only thing complaining was my neck. Then, I looked for a bathroom. The door on the right of me led straight to one. I closed my eyes, unwilling to look at my body until it was in the mirror.

Slowly, I walked in. When I felt the counter, I turned towards it, then stared straight at myself.

I was perfectly fine.

"How is this possible?!" I whispered, feeling my skin. I felt warmer than usual and had a slight pink tinge to it, but everything was there! All my skin, hair, eyebrows... Except there was this unusual black circle on the juncture of my neck. Like a tattoo.

The bedroom door opened and I quickly hid.

"Halfling? Are you in the bathroom?" That voice... I remembered it from the restaurant. I hesitantly open the door, seeing the blonde man from the three top standing in the doorway.

"You... Am I at your house? Why the hell am I not in a hospital, or-or dead?!" He chuckled at me. "This isn't funny! I remember the fire, Blondie! I remember being trapped under a beam and I remember a strange creature starting the fire!"

"Calm down, little one." I growled at the nickname. I HATED being called that. Wait. I don't growl. What the actual fuck?! "My name is Asløv, first of all... my two other friends and I saved you from the fire; Gaston and Acheron... You, yes, should be dead. But, you said you saw a strange creature? That creature is only visible to the magical and supernatural." I raised an eyebrow. Is this dude on crack? "You were in Juvenile Detention for almost killing your last temporary home because they beat you... But you don't remember it." I felt my body freeze up.

"How do you know that?" I whispered, stepping back.

"All will be explained. But you don't remember your fits of rage and temper tantrums because you are part Dark Faerie... In our realm, you're a demon." Crazy alert! Red flag, everybody! "But, you're also half Dragon... That's why you're here and healed."

"This isn't like those Wattpad or Shifter stories! We live on earth! Humans don't just miraculously heal! There is nothing in the world magical! Humans are the only kind of living humanoid on this planet! We aren't in one of those stories!" I screamed at him. "I must be in a god damn coma and I'm imagining all of this.." I whispered, pinching myself to wake up.

"Keep pinching yourself, Halfling... As amusing as it is, it won't wake you up because you're already awake. If you don't believe me... Look outside you're window." I heard a thud and the ground shake gently. I pulled back the curtain to see a pair of gold eyes staring at me and shimmering black leather and scales with some gold horns.

Oh my god...

"That's Acheron... He's the one who pulled you from the fire." I couldn't move. He was staring at me with his head cocked like a puppy. Asløv opened the French doors and stood back.

"It's good to see you awake, Sapphire." My jaw dropped. "Yes, I can talk in this form, too." He chuckled, which made his body shake. This isn't real! This isn't real! I kept telling myself that but Asløv pushed for me to pet him. "It is real, Sapphire. Touch my scales." He put his massive jaw down on the edge of the open balcony. I tentatively reached out, hesitant to make contact... Until he pushed himself to my hand.