Chapter Sixteen (XVI)

Acheron

I sent her away. Gods, why did I do that?

Because you're a fucking fool. My dragon growled at me.

He was right. I was a fool. I didn't understand a humans way of life. I didn't know how she truly felt.

Now, she was going to suffer without any help. 

What kind of mate am I?

Sapphire

Khalia had poofed us to the small house that held a lot of land. It was smaller than a usual dragon's home, but it was homey instead of extreme luxury. I liked it. 

But I wasn't feeling myself without him here. 

"Sapphire? Are you okay?" Khalia asked me, hand on my shoulder. She was much more physically close than Saffron or Irsia. But, she was from another time. She was from the 1950's period, when Iran was more free. She wore her Hijab very loosely, but it was more a cultural thing than religion. Her sleeves were half-sleeved, her leggings reached half-calf. 

"No, but I'm going to try to be." I admitted quietly as I looked around the house. It was very clean, despite being abandoned for almost twenty three years. 

"Damian and Anora's djinn was released from their pact, but they consider this their home... They keep it clean once a week, hoping for your return... But, I sent them away for the week. They're not... female." Oh... "They understand and they feel for you. They will come back to meet you when the Compensation has passed." I looked away, closing my eyes. "Are you sure you don't want Acheron here?" 

"No... He sent me here because I don't want to try and have another child! I wanted that child that was ripped out of my body and thrown on the ground like a piece of meat!" Tears flooded my eyes. "I might not even be able to have a child ever again, Khalia.... What's meaning of Compensation if I can't get pregnant?" She looked at me with her own sorrow then shrugged.

"Enjoy the sex. I hear it's best when a Dragon is spun into Compensation or their fertile period." I coughed a laugh. "Look, you might not, they said it was a might. But you can still pursue justice. You were not aware of your dragon lineage until recently. Acheron had not taught you everything because some things slip. They can't overlook the fact you were not brought up a dragon or fae." I wiped my tears away. "You reach out to Acheron when you're ready, okay? But, Sapphire... The Compensation pains are worse than Fertile Period pains. It's like your uterus is trying to constrict itself, like it's starving. You are going to want him to soothe that pain. He is the only one who can take it away." She rubbed my back. "I'm going to get home to Steven. I'll come check on you tomorrow, okay?" I nodded as she poofed away.

I sat in front of a larger TV that was still fat, an older cable box, and a DVD player. They had older Mortal movies and Thelryssian movies littered the shelves, along with books in English, Draconic, and Demonic. I saw pictures of them, one very big, and painted in oil. 

It was my father, kissing my mothers shoulder, bright emerald eyes looking up to the painter. My mother had a close-eyed toothy smile. They looked normal. They looked happy.

I looked like the both of them.

Only unhappy and currently left alone.

I looked away, wiping my tears off my cheeks, and went off to go look around. I stumbled upon a master bedroom, where I found it was theirs. Looking around, I saw precious jewelry hung up neatly on a rack. Precious earrings on a small board, chokers hung on small, neck-sized stands, and an  even more precious gem box sat in the middle of the vanity. I opened it, seeing one very gorgeous ring. It was black gold with a real 3 karat ruby in the shape of a heart embedded in the setting. There was an English inscription on the inside of the band.