Chapter 23: Into The Tomb

Start from the beginning

"I'm leaving," Anna spoke out to Ben as he opened the door to the bathroom and led Bonnie out. I frowned as I took in Bonnie's disheveled appearance. She looked exhausted and it worried me greatly.

"Keep them buttoned down. Compulsion won't work. Just use violence," Anna plainly added.

"Right. I got that," Ben affirmed, and to that statement Anna left.

Ben pushed Bonnie onto the bed across from the one Elena and I were sitting on. He then rudely spat out," Sit. Behave." The captor then took off his jacket and stared at Bonnie coldly, "So you're the key to this. Literally. The one who opens the door. Tell me, how long have you been a witch?" Bonnie didn't respond to Ben and instead she just glared at him.

"Is there anything to drink here?" Elena complained, crossing her arms.

Ben got up and walked over to Elena and smirked devilishly,"Are you offering?" After pausing he continued, "There's water on the night stand."

"I got it," I nonchalantly commented before I grabbed the the glass of water and handed it to her.

"Hey. Can I have a sip?" Bonnie questioned to Elena in a 'I have a plan' tone.

I gave Elena a look to try and get her on the same page as Bonnie and I. When she understood, she pulled the glass away from her mouth and handed it over to Bonnie. Bonnie took it and tossed the water on Ben.

The witch then instantly turned the water into flames. My eyes widened as Ben yelled and patted the flame down on his arm. We took our chance and ran to the door.

Bonnie and Elena made it to the door and we're ready to run out but to my dismay, Ben grabbed me before I was able to leave. "Go!" I shouted to my friends.

"Come back in! Shut the door!" Ben yelled at them.

Elena walked back in the room along with Bonnie, who shouted out,"Don't hurt her!"

"Don't make me!" Ben growled back.
Bonnie shut the door behind her reluctantly. "Lock it!" Ben commanded and Bonnie dead bolted it.

Ben was pacing in front of Bonnie, Elena, and I as we sat on the beds. "Witches don't have eternal life, right? So you guys can die." Ben started.

Bonnie bluntly replied,"Yep. We can die." I let out a laugh I was holding back from her bluntness.

Ben glared at me before looking back at Bonnie. He then replied in a condescending tone,"Ah. That sucks."

All of a sudden, the door was broken down revealing none other than Stefan. The sunlight poured into the dark room, burning Ben. Stefan immediately raced over to the side of the room and ripped the curtain open. This allowed more sunlight to pour in. Ben yelled and hid in the darkness between the two beds.

I glanced at Stefan and then the door, waiting for Damon to come in. I frowned when the realization hit me that he didn't come with Stefan. This fueled my worry that he didn't care about our friendship.

"Stefan!" Elena thankfully cheered as we all got up and dashed out the door.

"Let's get outside!" Stefan called out to us before walking over to Ben.

As soon as I parted from my friends I headed over to the Salvatore boarding house, where I knew Damon would most likely be.

I busted through the front door, knowing it wasn't locked. "Want to explain to me why you weren't with your brother when he rescued Elena, Bonnie, and I?" I shouted. I was angry and more importantly I wanted answers. It was the least he could do after threatening to turn me into a vampire and shoving his blood in my mouth.