Chapter 23: Into The Tomb

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes and rudely retorted to my captor, "I'm not in cahoots with Damon."

She rolled her eyes at me and replied, "You're not fooling anyone. He'll show up and give me what I want."

I gritted my teeth at the girl and venomously spat out,"Sorry to burst your bubble but you kidnapped the wrong girl. Damon and I really are nothing," My heart stung at my own words but after what he did to me I couldn't help but feel that it was the truth.

"Even if he won't come, Elena is the perfect leverage to get Stefan," The girl confidently explained to me. She then turned her attention away from me.

I looked over at the bathroom door where Ben previously put Elena. He burst through it and shortly I heard none other than Bonnie speak out. I couldn't make out what she said but I exclaimed out of horror, "Bonnie?!"

I watched as Ben pushed Elena out of the bathroom roughly. "She wants to talk with you," he snarled before closing the bathroom door.

Elena stumbled over to our captor who was currently leaning against a table, staring at Elena. She broke the silence by disclosing," Well, well. Elena Gilbert. You really are Katherine's doppelgänger. You must have the Salvatore boys reeling."

"Who are you?" Elena questioned out.

"I'm Anna. Your brother may have mentioned me," Anna answered. She then changed her tone to a very girlish and sarcastic one before continuing,"I mean, we're like, practically dating."

I crossed my arms and murmured out to myself, "I liked Vicki better."

All I could think about was Damon while Anna gazed out the motel window. I was frustrated to say the least. He betrayed me and I didn't understand why he did it. Did he really just use me like Caroline? Or did his impulsiveness get the best of him?

"Bonnie's not gonna open the tomb," Elena disclosed to Anna, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, I think she will," Anna assured, unconvinced by Elena's words.

"Do you really want Katherine out that bad?" I commented out of annoyance. It seemed like everyone wanted Katherine.

Anna turned her attention to me and replied darkly,"Trust me. No one I know wants to see that girl again. Except Damon, the lovestruck idiot."

I pressed further and inquired in a challenging manner,"Then what is it? Or who is it?"

"My mother's in there," Anna answered before walking toward Elena. When she reached Elena she continued,"Katherine couldn't help herself. She just had to toy around with both of the Salvatore brothers. And when she got caught, so did my mother. I watched Jonathan Gilbert take her away."

Elena murmured out apologetically,"I'm sorry."

Anna chuckled and snapped, "You really mean that, don't you? Yeah, I think we'll skip the dead mom bonding so you can start serving a purpose."

"Which is what?" Elena questioned nervously.

"Leverage," Anna replied before grabbing Elena's phone from a table and held it up,"This belong to you?" When Elena tried to grab it from her the girl pulled it away and chimed,"Ah-ah!"

I sighed out of annoyance and watched as she walked across the room and called a phone number on Elena's phone.

"They're fine. For now. Tell me you have the grimoire and they'll stay fine," Anna spoke to who I assumed was Stefan.

"Which means your brother has it. And I have the witch. So one of you had better meet me in the very public town square in 30 minutes so we can safely discuss how fun it's gonna be to work together," She continued darkly after a moment of silence.