Chapter-009

Witch
Noun•
Woman thought to have magic powers, especially evil ones, popularly depicted as wearing a black cloak and pointed hat and flying on a broomstick.

"No way! I am not going to some magic ladies shop just to ask her about this necklace!" Bryce sat back in his couch. "This is nonsense."

"Bryce you do realize something is wrong right? I nearly died when your heart nearly stopped. We don't have a choice."

Bryce shifted in his seat as he stared at the male in front of him with a look of disbelief. The man in front of him, who he doesn't even know too well, just went through all his memories. Seen everything he's ever done and now was telling him he needed to travel back to his hometown to a witches shop just to see some old lady in a black dress? He had to just be going crazy.

"Bryce, I'm not asking. I'm telling you. We're both going and if you don't–well I'll just make you."

When he looked up to the ghost he seen the males expression darken. It was as if Ryan knew something he didn't, then again, he just went through his memories. Every single one. "Alright fine. We can head there but once we get there we're leaving within five minutes." The ghost didn't say anything as he watched the blonde walk past him and out the door.

"Bryce...you have sinned worse than any man."
He sighed as he trailed out after the boy who was now sitting in his car. He didn't say anything as he watched the blonde from afar, his glossy eyes never moving from him.

-----------------------

Bryce shivered as he raised his hand to knock on the door. The shop was truly terrifying on the outside for it had witchcraft designs decorated all over the door and boards. The sound of footsteps on the inside echoed and he backed up a little when the door opened, a young woman in a black dress greeted them. "Bryce! It's been a while since I've seen you." The blondes jaw dropped at the sight of her.

"Kayla?!" He asked in pure shock as the blonde
flashed her pearly white teeth. "Yes sir! It's good to see you! Come in!" She stepped to the side and watched as the shocked male stepped into her house, his eyes never leaving her. "I haven't seen you since high school."

"Yeah I can say the same...what're you doing here?"

"What do you mean? My mother owned this shop and whenever she passed I got it."

"So you..you mean to tell me...you're a witch?"

"The one and only!" She smiled as she took a seat across from them at her round table. "So I'm assuming you came here for something?"

Bryce nodded as he took a seat in front of her. She never stopped smiling as she brought out a book and sat it on the table, "What're you here for?" She asked as she flipped through the pages. "I want to know why you're mother gave me this necklace..and um...what it does?" He said every word that Ryan was telling him to say because in all honesty, he didn't even know why he was here.

"Oh, that's no biggie. Pass me the necklace."

Bryce nodded and took off his necklace before sliding it over to the woman who grabbed it and sat it on her book. She closed her eyes and held one hand above the necklace before furrowing her brow a little. Whispers suddenly began to fill the room causing the blonde to shift in his seat.

"Oh...I see..." She said in a hushed whisper, her eyes opening. Her pupils retracted and she stared at the man behind Bryce who just so happened to be dead. "Bryce, she gave you this necklace because she knew that a man would come to collect your soul. This man had two choices in the eyes of God...to trade off your life or to uncover the past. All his wrong doings."

Ryan stared at her with a blank expression as her serious face began to twist into a smile. He looked to the boy who way in the chair then he looked over to the necklace that flowed brightly under her hand.

"He was a sinner and still is. She knew he would come so she set this necklace to sync with your heartbeat, once he found you this necklace would sync his existence with your heart. If you're heart stops...his time is up. He will vanish from the face of the earth and parish into the flames below for he has failed. That man...just so happens to be with you right now. Standing behind you listening to what I have to say because he knows something is wrong...Ryan, you're running out of time."