Chapter-003

Shadow
Noun•
a dark area or shape produced by a body coming between rays of light and a surface.

Years.

That was how long Ryan had searched for this boy. He had been on an endless mission to see the boy he had saved and now that he sees him he does not know what to do. The boy is all grown up and he looks different from when he once seen him. When he first seen him.

Maybe this wasn't the boy.

No, it was. It had to be. He followed all the steps and did everything right for the twentieth time! If this wasn't Bryce then he didn't know who was.

Ryan placed a hand on the glass window and allowed himself to sink through, everyone's body going through his own as he made his way to the table the blonde was eating at. He leaned down to get a closer look at his face. Eyes staring into the dark blue ones that held no emotions at the time. Could he do this?

His task was simple. He had two options here and they both costed him a lot and both would put the blonde in danger. His fist choice was to live up to what he had done and confess for something he couldn't remember doing. He needed Bryce to uncover that but he was no detective–the kid was an insane asylum worker for heavens sake! Or...he could trade places with the boy and make Bryce live in his shoes. Walking the earth until he dies.

He wanted the easy way out but now that he sees the man he saved...he couldn't find himself able to do it. Ryan backed away and frowned deeply as he looked down at his hands that seemed to be real. There was no feeling in them anymore.

"You know this is your only way Ohm." A voice said from behind him. He turned around to see a man with blonde hair and blue eyes. The typical angle. "The lord has gave you two choices, so do one."

"I..I can't bring myself to see him die Pewds. I can't. I saved him for a reason." He whispers to the man behind him. His gaze watching the man get up from his seat and walk out the doors. The angle behind him shifted. "I don't know why he gave you the choices. You still cuss like a sailor." Ryan rolled his eyes as he began to head out of the cafe so he wouldn't loose the boy he has been hunting.

Ryan shifted as he watched the man enter a shop, it was a repair shop. "What's he doing here? With all the money he makes, you'd think he has a nice ride." He mumbled aloud as he lingered close to the blonde who smiled at a man with brown hair and blue eyes. "Hey Jonathan! Where's Toonz?" Bryce asked, flashing his teeth to the man who was cleaning his hands of oil. "Oh you just missed him! He went on another delivery trip. Won't be back till next Tuesday. He waited on you for like ten minutes man where were you?" Bryce made a face as he scratched the back of his neck, "Darn. I was busy talking to Craig about him and Tyler's relationship problems and forgot about the time."

Ryan listened to their conversation and watched the boy he saved closely. Then he realized something glow on his chest, a purple Crystal that seemed to glow whenever Ohm got too close to him. He noted that before keeping his distance so that the other male wouldn't point that out to him. After all, it was bright.

After Bryce got finished talking to the boy known as Jon, he began to make his way home. Ryan stuck to his side closely until they got inside his house. He couldn't help but look at how nice the house was. It seemed to be very well decorated as well as clean. "Bryce must be a clean freak or something.."

Suddenly the phone began to ring causing him to jerk his head to the side where he seen the blonde on the couch. The phone was still ringing but the blonde wasn't moving. Worry crept into his mind and so he rushed over there to see the boy was passed out with his head tilted to the side.

Now was his chance.

"Okay Brycey," he whispered as he placed his hands on his temples. "Don't freak out...time for you and I to become more than friends."