Chapter-007

Truth
Noun•
The quality or state of being true.

Bryce looked through the files, his blue eyes searching hard for whatever it was his partner had said. Then they found it. The brown haired male nearly smiled as he watched the blonde pull the file from the drawer, his eyes glazed.

"Now we leave. I think we did pretty good Brycey. Let's head to your place and check out the fi–" Ohm was cut off by a sharp hum. The air around them grew thick and that alone made the blondes hair stand on end. "Bryce...run. Get to the car now."

Bryce however, couldn't move. His body was frozen in place and his attempts of moving came to a fail. His friend had taken notice of this and reached out to him only to freeze when he saw a woman, her glassy gray eyes stared at him. "Well well, if it isn't Ryan Wrecker. Top dog." She smirked as she made her way into the room. "Who is this? The boy you saved?" Her hand gently ran against his cheek as she studied him with the same smirk still riding her lips.

"Get your hands off him." Ryan growled, his eyes glowing golden with anger. The woman looked at him, her eyes locking with his as she searched for his emotions in which she found. Her hand lowered from his face and her eyes glew gray as she walked over to him, "I come here for the files. You knew damned well I would be here too." He watched her as she circled him, his head turning here and there to keep up. "I don't want to take them using force.."

He looked at Bryce who was looking at him with the strangled emotion of fear. He knew exactly what this woman had planned if he said he wasn't gonna hand them over to her like she wanted. "Bryce.." he said, "do you trust me?" The blondes eyes went wide as the male said that. It was so sudden.

Soooo sudden.

"I..I do." Those words slipped out of his mouth before he could even process them. Bryce had no idea what he had in mind but he watched as the other male give him a small smile. It was something that made his stomach twist as he prepared himself for whatever the male had in his head. In the blink of an eye the ghost burst out into a sprint and Bryce found time moving slow–everyone he could see so clearly. The woman who had once touched his face was now wide eyed and raising her hand as if to stop whatever was about to happen and Ryan was reaching out with open arms. Then he let out a gasp as he suddenly felt his body go lifeless before seeing darkness.

He awoke.

Bryce was alone for the first time in his life. He looked around the room he was in to see there were empty bottles of booze scattered around the room as well as cigarettes piled up in the ashtray next to him. He stood from the chair he was in and looked around until his eyes landed on the door that had Ryan's name on it. "Where..?" He whispered to himself as he began to make his way towards it, like a moth drawn to a flame. As he reached out for the golden knob he heard his mother scream his name–snapping his head back towards the desk.

Suddenly his eyes went wide as a light flashed towards him.

"Ah!" Bryce groaned as he rose upright. "Wha..what happened?"

Ryan frowned as he looked at the boy in front of him, his hand reached out until he was grabbing his chin so the boy could look him in the eyes. "Are you okay? You're not hurt are you?" He asked, his eyes gazing into the others. Bryce didn't say anything as he took note of the mans eyes. 'They...they have more life..' he thought as he jerked his head away from the males grasp, "I'm fine. What did you do to me back there?" The male stood up and shoved his hands in his pants before explaining, "I took control of your body to keep her from harming you. With me in your body she couldn't do what she had planned. I don't expect you to thank me...after all, it's my fault she found us. If I wasn't in this damn dead body she would have never found us.."

Bryce looked over at the table that had the files on it.