Jenn hesitated to respond while Alex turned to face me with wide eyes. "Oh, um, sure I guess. See you then. Bye Alex, and Jc."

As Jenn hung up, Alex punched me in the arm hard. It actually hurt.

"What the heck? I was helping you!" Alex shouted. She crossed her arms as I pulled myself up on the island that was directly across from her.

I shrugged, "Cause I didn't want you to suffer without me seeing it."

She smiled walking downstairs, "You suck Jc Caylen."

Alex's POV-

Once I got downstairs, I grabbed some clothes to change into after I shower and placed it on the toilet in the downstairs bathroom that Jc and I have been sharing.

After I showered, I pulled on a black 3/4 sleeve shirt with a white Nike shirt over it, a pair of Aztec print high-waisted jean shorts that fit loosely, along with a broken in pair of black converse high-tops. I quickly blow dried my hair cause I hate it wet. My hair was put into a low side pony with a black SnapBack placed backwards on my head.

When I got out I saw Jc deep in thought debating something. "Hey Jc, what ya thinking about?" I ask, standing next to him looking at his suitcase that was wide open.

"Well, what do you wear when you're going to spend the day with your angry ex that hates you? Plus an annoying friend." He told me, joking at the end.

I punched him lightly before responding, "Here I'll help."

He gave me a questioning look, raising an eyebrow, before stepping away to allow me to decide on a pair of khaki jeans, a red shirt, and black vans.

"Uh, thanks Alex." He told me as we made our way upstairs.

The rest of the boys were all gathered around the tv in the living room, huddled in blankets when the doorbell rang. Sam let Andrea, Rebecca, and Jenn in.

We all hugged except for Jenn and Jc, making it slightly awkward.

"You ready to go Jenn? Jc is feeling sick so he isn't coming with us, meaning that it's only us." I explained, praying that Jc would comply.

Unfortunately Jc responded quickly, "Thanks for the concern Alex but I'm actually feeling great."

Connor and Trevor ran out shouting that they wanted to go too. Connor ended up driving with Trevor in the passenger seat, leaving me in between Jenn and Jc in the back seat, fantastic.

Immediately once we got into the car, they had already started screaming at each other, leaving me to referee in the middle. Man aren't my friends great? If only Jc had listened to me and stayed home with the others.

"It's all your fault!" Jenn shouted, leaning across me to point a finger at Jc with a pointed look.

Jc cleared his throat before sending a harsh expression back at her, "You broke up with me! Plus, you called me a joke!"

I put hand out to block them from attacking each other further. "Guys, I don't know what happened but can we get along for one day? For Connor, Trevor, and mine's sake. I don't want to hear you fighting constantly."

"Fine." They both agreed, leaning back on the black leather seats not speaking a word to each other during the remaining time on the car ride to the mall.

Finally, we reached the mall parking outside of Macy's. We all went in as a group. Trevor and Connor ran off after notifying us that they had to pick up something special for later, leaving me to have to fight the battle of World War 3 with Jenn and Jc.

"Where are we going first ladies?" Jc asked, trying to be polite.

I looked at Jenn for an answer to which she simply responded Urban Outfitters. We then all headed that way with minimal bickering.

Jenn grabbed a rack of multicolored blouses, took a few along with a couple pairs of jeans, then ran into a fitting room. It was just Jc and I standing around browsing through the racks.

My curious mind had gears spinning so my mind forced myself to ask about what happened with Jenn.

"It's kind of a long story but long story short, when we were dating she was seeing this other guy from her hometown. I eventually found out after she broke up with me. I called her a coward and she acts like I was a bad boyfriend which is why she broke up with me." Jc explained as he contemplated a beanie sitting on a shelf until he decided against it.

We sat in silence for a few moments until Jc decided that I needed to have a dress, skirt, and some other new outfits that aren't too tomboy-like.

"Fine. But not too girly!" I instructed as he placed a pair of overalls with the pants ending shortly after the knee like capris. I stared at him blankly until I shook it off. Who knows? Maybe it will look good. On top of that he added two dresses, a skirt, a striped sweater, and a t-shirt hoodie.

Jc pushed me toward the single changing room that had a curtain shielding it from all sides except for the back side which was where the wall was, "Let's go Alex. Time to try it on."

I sighed begrudgingly but walked in ready to try on what Jc wants my new style to be, plus I do kind of need some nicer clothes for going out to fancy dinners and stuff.

I put on the light blue, black, and white striped sweater pairing it with the black skater circle skirt that flowed until it reached the top of my knees. I came out and saw Jc barely paying attention.

"Ehh, it's okay. Sweaters aren't your thing though. But buy the skirt." Jc advised.

I laughed, "Thanks for the advice mom." We laughed for a little bit until I turned on my heals heading back into the dressing room.

I slowly put on the first dress which was a black skater dress meaning that the skirt portion flared out at the waist. The sleeves went down halfway to my elbow. It was very itchy.

When I came out Jc started laughing at me because I was scratching too much. Clearly, even I didn't need Jc's advice to tell me not to buy the dress. While I was changing into the next one, Jc put away the itchy dress and the sweater.

I came out in a dark gray skater dress with 3/4 length sleeves. The dress fit perfectly meaning it was still loose enough to make me still feel comfortable.

"Nice loser." Jc commented with a wink looking at the dress.

"Thanks dork." I replied with a smile.

Lastly it was time for the light blue to white ombré t-shirt hoodie under the pair of acid wash overall capris.

Surprisingly, I loved it. I never thought I would but it was comfy and form fitting. Jc gave me a thumbs up giving me the go ahead to purchase it. After I gathered up the rest of the items that I was buying which was just the gray dress, we met Jenn at the front counter paying for a few items.

Once we finished with that, we went over to Hollister where Jenn picked up some more items and also where Jc and I bought matching plaid flannels that are black, white, and purple.

Trevor texted us that they were on their way to the car. We headed toward the car when Jc and Jenn got into it again, but it wasn't their usual I hate you fighting, it was about me.

"Jc it's obvious that you like her! Can you stop flaunting your new girlfriend in front of me?" Jenn shouted at him. I tried to speed up to avoid any stares and hearing the rest of the conversation but it caused them to speed up too.

"Girlfriend? You mean Alex? She's like my best friend! Why do you care? Is someone jealous?" Jc yelled back at her.

Why couldn't they just get along?