Chapter One - Lie

MINA'S POV

I awoke to the sound of my alarm screeching at me. Still half asleep, I slide my flimsy arm that was helping to prop up my pillow, out from under, and quickly turn off my alarm clock., that sat on my bedside table. '6:30am'

"Ughh." I sigh, as my arm flops down, hanging over the side of my bed.

I sluggishly roll over, expecting to see Jimin there, but just like the past 3 mornings, his side of the bed was empty. Placing my hand on his side,  caressing the sheets, I can still slightly feel his warmth lingering. A part of me feels really lonely, I love him, but lately things between us seem to be shifting...... And to be honest, I'm not sure if I like it.

I miss him, I want to touch him, kiss him. So with the sudden urge, I pick up my phone and dial his number. I wait patiently for Jimin to answer, but roughly after10 rings or so, it went straight to voicemail. Evidently I wasn't really surprised, for the passed month, that is mainly what I get whenever I call. I hang up the phone without leaving a message.

So I decide to message him instead. knowing sooner or later he would have to read it.

Me: Hey babe. I tried calling you, but it seem these days I only get your voicemail. I was calling to say I missed you. Well I hope you have a great day at work, call me when you can. Love you.... Your little penguin.xx

I press send, and stared blankly at my phone.

After a moment or so, with no text from Jimin. I unwillingly tear my body out from under the warm cozy covers.

As I stagger to my feet, rubbing my eyes, I steadily make my way down our narrow hallway into the kitchen. To kick start my day I go straight to the fridge, grabbing out a bottle of water, before picking up an apple.

I quickly ate the apple and take a zip of my water, before getting ready.  Every morning, without fail, I would always go for run for an hour and a half or so, sometimes longer depending on my mood. But today, just 10 minutes into my run,  I started to feel a tad light headed, so I decided to cut my run short and head back home a little earlier than usual.

[A/N: This is what she  was wearing.]

Making my way back, just a few meters ahead was my street, a sigh of relief seeped out, as I knew I was closer to home

Huffing and puffing, I turn around the corner onto my street. That was when I catch a glimpse of Jimin's car parked in our driveway. At first I was confused, I looked down at my  watch. "7:30am" I mutter to myself. Shouldn't he be on his way to work? hmmm... Maybe he forgot something?

I jogged the last 10 meters to our house. Coming to a stop, as I had to unlatch the gate.  Slowly I  walk up the pathway, approaching the front door. That was when I hear Jimin's voice, as well as another. But it was so faint, that I couldn't quite make out if it was a guys or girls voice, coming from inside the house.