Part 16. Festivities.

"Look, Ashworth! It's snowing!" Jordan exclaimed, having dropped the work she was doing after seeing the snow gently falling outside. Literally, as Ash was now kneeling to pick up the paperwork that had scattered across the floor.
"Well it is getting towards Christmas time, what do you expect?"

It had been a few months now since Ash began working with Jordan, and as weird as she was, he found himself surprisingly able to work with her. Although that might have been due to the way he felt about his new boss. They had been to numerous places in those few months, including the Guardian Deity ruins in Alola, the Sky Pillar in Hoenn and even halfway up Mt Silver, before realising that the trek was too dangerous with the minimal equipment they had.

Anyway, it was currently early winter, which meant Christmas was nearly upon them. And by the next day, a rather thick blanket of snow had covered the ground, making it rather difficult to travel, and resulting in Ash being about ten minutes late to work, a record first for him. However, when he walked in, he was met with the sight of Jordan wearing a rather short Santa dress (the first item of clothing Ash had seen of hers that wasn't mainly white), and she was carrying a large box of Christmas decorations.
"Hey, Ashworth! Perfect timing! You can help me put up the lights and hanging crystal snowflakes!"
"The what-now?" Ash asked in confusion, kicking snow off his boots and pulling his coat off.
"We have to decorate! Now come on, this is the first year I have someone taller than me to help!" And with that, she ran off to the second floor, starting to empty out her box of decorations. So, with a sigh, Ash went to join her, pulling his gloves off as he did so.

After around half a day's work, most of the decorations had been placed, with help from Cari and Vibrava, and Ash was currently taking a break, watching as Vibrava and Jordan hung the final large crystal snowflake from the ceiling. Ash had almost zoned out when Jordan sat down next to him and started speaking.
"You look deep in thought there. Something on your mind?"
"Yeah, can I ask you something?"
"Sure, as long as it's not about my cup size." Jordan laughed slightly, as if she was making fun of her own discomfort of being flat chested.
"Well, why are you so happy about Christmas? I get that it's a wonderful time of year, but you seem especially excited."
"You really wanna know? Then I'll tell you, as long as you promise not to make a big deal out of it."