Part 1. A Job.

About three months ago, a young man known as Ashworth Raines, or Ash, graduated from the University of Mossdeep with flying colours, earning himself a degree in archaeology and joint honours in history and geography.

Currently, Ash was back in his home region of Zodiac, in Pisces City to be exact, walking the slightly busy streets. Ash was looking for a job, as he had recently turned 21 and he needed to move out from his parent's house in Gemini Town and get a place of his own.

As Ash glanced at each shop front, he noticed a building unlike the rest. It was rather small, and was various shades of brown, making it appear dirty and old. The only contrast was a white poster stuck on the outside of one of the windows. Ash walked up to the poster to read it, and, as his habit, he read it aloud to himself.
"Are you interested in archaeology? Want to explore ruins and have adventures every week, twice before Friday? Then come right in, and make sure you ask for-" Ash paused, looking at the name that followed, trying to figure out the pronunciation. "Jordan...Zee-lander? That's a weird name." Ash looked up slightly, through the window, which was covered in a thin layer of grime, to accidentally lock eyes with a girl who looked to be only a year older than Ash at most, with pure white hair and reddish brown eyes. She was holding a large stack of books, and a look of shock was written on her face, most likely from seeing Ash reading the help wanted poster.

After a few seconds of looking at each other, Ash jolted upright, as he had bent a little to read the poster, and walked away quickly, his face burning a bright shade of red as he headed home.

However, the next morning, Ash received a letter that seemed to be made of parchment, and the sender simply read one name, a name that Ash had recently been made familiar with.

Jordan Xylander.

Hi there, and welcome to The Relic Seeker! This story is actually the result of a dream, and a lot of episodes of The Librarians, so it's a bit different to my other stories, but I hope you enjoy!