Part 8. The 'M' Word.

"Your...theory?" Ash asked, intrigued, as he sat down carefully on his designated seat and started getting comfortable, before hearing an annoyingly loud creak. For a moment, he thought to mention why his chair was of such a shoddy quality, but he stopped himself, not wanting to break Jordan's stride. "What's it about?" Jordan flashed him a smile, pleased to have his attention.
"I'm so glad you asked! It's about how Pokémon came into being on Earth."
"You're kidding!" Ash suddenly exclaimed, making Cari jump in her place next to the pile of sandwiches. "Not even the Regional Science Research Trust has any solid theories!" At hearing this, Jordan started giggling.
"Well I know about something that the RSRT don't!"
"What's that?" Jordan leaned over the table suddenly, her nose very nearly touching Ash's, causing his cheeks to flush a faint red.
"Magic." Jordan whispered, a playful smile on her lips.
"Magic!?" Ash near enough shouted before Jordan started glaring at him.
"Will you keep your voice down!? It's supposed to be a secret!"
"Sorry..." Ash mumbled, slightly shocked by Jordan's sudden change in attitude.
"Anyway," Jordan cleared her threat before continuing. "You know how the Maiarians were the first people recorded to use Pokémon in battles?"
"Everyone knows that, it's one of the biggest mysteries surrounding the Maiarians," Ash replied, recovering from seeing Jordan angry for the first time.
"Right. So, my theory is that the Maiarians created Pokémon based on the hostile creatures around them, then some of the stronger Pokémon were set loose and killed off all of the other creatures."
"That's crazy!"
"But it makes sense. What else was so unique about the Maiarians that deemed them able to presumably tame creatures that had killed thousands of humans before them?"
"But magic doesn't even exist!"
"Oh really? How about I prove that it does to you tomorrow?"