Part 10. The Ruins of Alph.

Ash woke up, groggy and still jetlagged, due to Roger's van hitting a rather nasty bump. They were still moving, and while Ash started to drift back to sleep, he heard Jordan and Roger talking.
"I have no idea what you're talking about, Rog."
"Don't play dumb, J, you've never had an assistant before, not in the eight years that you've been a Relic Seeker."
"Nobody's wanted to work with me before, apart from you and Maggie, and you guys are my friends, not assista-"

When Ash woke up again, the van had stopped, so he sat up and looked out of the windscreen from the back of the van, his eyes being met by a rather technological building that was about four stories high.

Suddenly, the doors behind Ash opened, and Roger was there.
"Morning, Sleeping Beauty. Time for you to get out, J's off in one of her moments and you might wanna go join her." Confused, Ash climbed out of the back of the van and looked around, before seeing Jordan, who was looking at a slab of stone that seemed to be part of a wall and was covered in ancient writing. With a sigh, Ash made his way over to her.

When Ash reached the wall, his ears were greeted by the sound of Jordan reading the ancient writing, that, now he could see it, was clearly in Maiarian.
"Keda ic xa lsux...xekk ma..."
"What are you doing?" Ash asked, looking at Jordan in confusion while glancing at the writing.
"Reading this text to Henry and Jennie over there. They're going to write it down so that the language expert can de-" Jordan paused, noticing that Ash was looking at the words carved into the wall, mumbling. "Wait, you can read that, can't you?" Ash tore his eyes away from the wall and nodded.
"Yeah, it's really easy to translate."
"Great!" Jordan rushed over to a pair of people wearing camo and matching hats. One was a rather short yet buff man with brown eyes and a rather impressive moustache, and from what Ash could see of his arms, he was covered in tattoos. The other person was a woman with black hair tied into a ponytail, however strands of her hair were a bright ginger. Her right eye was a vivid blue, while her left eye was hidden underneath a black eyepatch that nearly blended in with her hair. After a few minutes of discussion, Jordan came back over to Ash. "Right, Ashworth, you're going to translate the writing on the wall and read it loud enough for Henry and Jennie to hear it, okay?"
"What? Like, out loud where everyone can hear?"
"Yeah, why? You're not afraid, are you?"
"N-no! Of course not!" Ash looked away from Jordan, a pinkish tinge in his cheeks.
"Then read away, my language genius." Ash felt his face burn before he took a deep breath and started to read the Maiarian writing, effortlessly translating it into English.
"When the Final Daughter takes the throne, chaos shall ensue. Life as we know it was cease to be, only the Queen will remain, our society will be through. The only way to save our world is the Beast of Legend. However, without the Key, we're all as good as dead." Ash looked back at Jordan to see her smiling proudly, while Henry and Jennie were shocked by how easily Ash had read the writings. However, before they could ask, an explosion went off nearby.
"We're under attack!" Roger yelled as he ran over.
"Who the hell would attack a bunch of ruins!?" Jordan yelled back.
"I don't know, but they have some serious firepower!"