Abandoned ... But Now I'm Here

"Jacob Emmanuel Perez !" I said walking towards the living room which was connected to the kitchen. "Get your butt in gear and get here !" I pointed to the floor in front of me. "What were you thinking , telling my dad we weren't busy . I knew we weren't busy ."

"Then why did you tell him that ?"

"I'm debating if I'm ready to let him back into my life and right now I'm not ready ."

"Why ? He's clearly ready to let you in his ."

"He left me ! Money , material things and annual emails can't make up for that . For him just to pop up and think every thing is gonna be cool . Not gonna happen !"

"I understand , but at least give him a chance ."

"I don't know , everybody that's been in my life have left or pushed me away . " He wrapped his arms around me , then looked in my eyes .

"Not me . Not MB , Not Kaylah or Zé and at least he's making the effort of coming back , just like your mom . It would be even worse if he came back when like you're 25 or not at all . I know he just up and left you but , he's here now . "

"So , if your dad came back . Would you give him a chance ?"

"Hell no ."

"Okay , why are you making a double standard ?"

"Cause my dad hurt my mom ."

"So , did mine !"

"Mentally or physically ?"

"Mentally . "

"My dad physically abused my mom ."

"Oh , I'm sorry babe . I didn't know ."

"Its cool ." I began to talk towards the steps . Prince grabbed me by my waist. "Where you think you going ? Get in that kitchen and clean them dishes woman !"

"I'm done , Prince you clean the dishes !"

"I got something better to do in the kitchen ."

"What ?" He walked to the fridge and grabbed a can of whipped cream . "What are you - , you better not !" He sprayed it on my nose. I snatched it and sprayed it on his mouth .

"You gon' help me get this off right ?"

"Uh , no ." I sprayed me on my chest.

"Lemme get it !" He stuck his tongue out .

"No !" I ran upstairs . He grabbed me and I snatched the can away from him and sprayed him in his face . " Yo! What's going on !" Ray came out the room with Roc and Prod.

"Uh , " Prince slowly took the can from my hand and sprayed my face . "That ." He shrugged . Then sprayed in there direction as they stood there looking stupid .

"Gimme that ! " Ray yelled and tried to pry it out of Prince's hand .

"Nah dude , we gon' need this . If you catch my drift ."

"No not really , so ." I handed the can to Ray . "Here ... " Then I winked and he sprayed it on Prince but , he used me as a shield . So I got most of it on me and then they all started laughing . "Oh real funny ! Haha !" I ran to them and hugged them making sure to get the whipped cream on all of them . "Not so funny now ! But I call shower first Prince !" I ran into my closet and into the bathroom on the far left .

- - - - - -

I stared at myself in the mirror then Prince walked in and laid his head on my shoulder . He hugged my waist and kissed my neck . "You're so beautiful , don't doubt yourself . I love you for you and so does everyone else . " I smiled . "Where are ya'll even going tomorrow ?"

"I don't know , I just hope he dont do no suspicious shit . All of a sudden they're changing their appearence and attitude towards things ."

"Oh , you'll be fine . You can call me ." I chuckled .

"Yup , number 1 ."

- - - - - -

I woke up and put on (The Shit In The SIde Bar Thingy) . Then the door bell , dad had a huge smile on his face until he saw me . "Where do you think you're going with them shorts on ?" I had on a What The Fuck Face . Now you wanna be a father ? I looked back at Prince like Do I Really Have To Go ? He nodded .

I looked at dad , "Are we gonna live or are you gonna continue judging me ." I walked out on the porch and gave Prince a hug . I wanted to be a bad ass so I kissed Prince tongue and all , he couldn't resist so he kissed back . Dad coughed loudly and Prince stopped , I followed dad to the car and sat between Uncle Benj and Tevin .

"Tried to put on a show didn't you ? " Dad asked looking back at me . I rolled my eyes and put on my sun glasses . I Kanye Shrugged .

"What can I say ? I love my boyfriend , he put a rock on my finger . " I held up my hand . "A heart on my neck ." I showed them my necklace . "And he put it down well ." Dad choked on his water .

"What the hell ?!"

"Just joking ..." I laughed and Uncle Benj and Tevin did too . "Keep Calm and Stay Swaggie ."

"So , What's up Aubriez ?!" Uncle Benj said .

"Other than trying to act like a bad ass ." Uncle Tevin said .

"I am a bad ass ."

"Language ." Dad said . I looked at him like Nigga Please .

"Um , let's see .. good : I'm on tour , I got a great boyfriend and friends , mom's getting her life together . Bad : She disowned me , I have anxiety ."

"Well , here we are ." Dad interupted .

"A studio ?"

"We gotta do something real quick. " Of course go on and put me second like always . Me and Uncle Tev said on the couch .

"Instagram Pic !" I pulled out my phone and we had the same idea of thug faces and I put my middle finger up . Then , dad walked by and pushed my finger down right when I pressed the button and ruined the whole picture . I looked up him and walked to the lobby part of the studio . I pressed 1 and Prince's face came up . I put the phone to my ear and then Uncle Tev came in the room as Prince said hello . I hung up and Uncle Tev sat beside me .

"You straight ?"

"No not really .."

"Look , he's tryna be a good father . "

"That's fwhat i'm sayin' like he can't just expect me to listen when he hasn't been there . "

"True , but just go with the flow just for today . Keep calm and stay swaggie . "

"Don't steal my shit !" He laughed .

"We can take picture now ," We did the same pose and I posted it on Instagram and then they walked in and we got in car.

"Where are we going ?"

"You'll see ..." We pulled up to a Tiffany & Co . Dad went to the front counter as Uncle Benj and Tevin told me to pick out something . I picked a necklace and some earrings then dad give me two boxes with identical charm bracelets . One charm said my name then one charm said I'm another said Here and other said Now with music notes between each word . One in gold and one in silver , I hugged him and we drove back to the house . I hugged Tev and Benj and dad walked me to the door . "Bye Aubriez ."

"Bye dad ." I hugged him . I reached for the door then he spoke quitely and I looked at him.

"Look , I know I left but now I'm here ." I smiled and walked through the door . I walked up the steps , went to my room and to the jewelry section of my closet . I put the jewelry in the correct places and looked into the mirror . He's here now . I thought as I pushed my hair behind my ear . I cut of the light and walked into Prince's room . I laid on top and him and he looked at me as I pecked his lips and laid on his chest .