Running

Ryan ran and ran, and kept on running. He didn't stop, not even when he heard Chloe calling for him. Eventually he ended up in the bottom of the garden and fell down onto the chair. He was shaking hard, and the sadness, fear and guilt were written plainly on his face. Ryan wrapped his arms around his stomach and doubled over. Why did Chloe come here? Why did she even write to him? Why now? It happened nine years ago. She could've written ages ago, but she didn't. Why did she have to write just after the thing with Laces? That was hard enough without this as well.

Ryan heard footsteps coming towards him. He sat up and tried to get a grip. "Come on, Ryan," he told himself. "You can't let anyone else see you like this." Ryan swallowed nervously and braced himself for whoever came around that corner.

Mike looked around the hedge. Ryan sighed. He should've known it would be Mike. But he was caught completely off guard when Chloe followed him. Ryan scrambled to his feet and backed away into the corner. Oh god. He wasn't ready for this.

His eyes flicked around. There was no escape. "Ryan, please..." Chloe begged. "At least talk to me."

"I-I-I-uh-I-um-sorry, ok?" Ryan stammered, before pushing past Mike and running away. Chloe turned around and looked at him. She lowered her head in defeat.

Tee raced into the kitchen. Everyone else was there, looking confused. "Hey, Tee, what happened?" asked Bailey. "Did you do this?"

"No! All I know is some girl in a wheelchair, who I assume is his sister, just turned up here and Ryan ran off," Tee replied.

"Where is she?" asked Harry.

"In the office with Mike, but Harry don't interfere. Just give them all space," said Tee. 

"Including Ryan," she added after seeing Harry looking at the garden.

"Why did she even turn up here?" questioned Jody.

"He got a letter," sad Dexter.

"From her?" asked Tyler.

"Um... I guess so? I don't really know," admitted Dexter. "It did have a kid's handwriting on the front."

"Well, I guess you're off the hook Tee," said Sasha.

Dexter looked at Tee. She did have his letter. Did she have something to do with this? Was she the one that told Chloe to come? Was she trying to help Ryan, or did she know that Ryan would just run off?