Great...

Tee looked at her calendar. It had been a week since she had given Ryan the letter. Had he phoned Chloe? She decided to call her to find out. She picked up her phone and called Chloe.

"Hey," Tee said.

"Hi," Chloe said.

There was silence for a few moments.

"So, did he call you?" Tee ventured.

"No. You did give him the letter, right?" Chloe asked back, her voice lacking any hope.

"Yes. I'm sorry," Tee replied.

"It isn't your fault. I didn't expect he would. I just hoped..." Chloe trailed off.

"I know. I have an older brother too," Tee said. "When do you want to come over?"

"Tomorrow? Is that okay?" Chloe suggested.

"Yeah, that's fine. See you!" Tee said.

"Yeah, see you. Oh, and whilst telling everyone about what Ryan did to me was really mean, I can see how hard you're trying to fix it. I admire you for that. Anyway, bye!" Chloe said before ending the call. Tee smiled. At least one person was on her side now.

The next morning Tee came downstairs. Everyone turned away from her, like usual, but for once she didn't care. If her plan worked, surely everyone would see her in a better light. "What are you so happy about?" asked Bailey.

"Nothing," Tee replied.

"Not drowned some puppies? Punched a baby?" teased Sasha.

Tee glared at her. "No."

"Really? Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, I'm sure," said Tee before storming out of the kitchen. Just they wait until they saw why she'd done. Then they'd be sorry. No. Take a deep breath Tee, she told herself. She was doing this to help Ryan, not to impress the others.

Later that day there was a knock on the door. Tee was at the bottom of the stairs and Ryan was coming out of the kitchen. Was this Chloe? It must be. This was it. Tee looked at Ryan as Mike opened the door. She saw his face grow pale, saw his knees start shaking, saw him take a step back before running away, as far away from Chloe as possible. "Ryan!" Chloe called.

Mike turned to Chloe. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

Chloe looked ready to answer before Tee shook her head. She stayed silent.

Mike rubbed his face with his hands. "You'd better come into the office and explain."

Chloe took one last desperate look at Tee, who shrugged her shoulders hopelessly. Well, wasn't this great. Now her plan to help Ryan had just got her into trouble. Yay. Not.

Haunted (A Ryan Reeves fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें