Confrontation

"Hello, I'm looking for Ryan Reeves," Mike asked one of the nurses.

"Oh, he's right in there," answered the nurse, pointing to a door on his left.

"Thank you."

"Hey Ryan, how are you?" asked Mike.

Ryan sat up in his bed. His face was sickly pale and his eyes held too much sadness in them for a 14 year old (I think that's how old he is). "Fine," he mumbled, not quite meeting Mike's eyes.

"You sure?" asked Mike, trying to get Ryan to open up.

"I said I'm fine!" snapped Ryan.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?"

"I fell down the stairs. No big deal," said Ryan.

"That's not what the doctors said. You had a massive panic attack, apparently."

Ryan lowered his head but said nothing.

"Any ideas about what caused it? Maybe... Chloe?" asked Mike.

The mention of her name made Ryan's fists and jaw clench. "I don't know what you're on about," he said, his voice dangerously low. 

Mike could hear the sadness and anger behind these words. He wished he could help Ryan, but maybe he'd gone to long without any help or support. Mike wondered if he'd ever get over what happened

"Please, Ryan. I can help. Just tell me what's going on."

"I don't want your help," growled Ryan.

"Look, I can arrange a visit with Chloe if you want. It could be good for both of you," suggested Mike.

Ryan's face grew very red. His eyes watered up and he wiped them with his sleeve. "NO!" he shouted. 

"At least think about it Ryan..." begged Mike.

"Just go away! Sign the stupid documents or something so I can get out of here,"

Mike sighed and gave up, leaving the room.

Once Mike had left, Ryan put his head in his hands and started crying.