Birthday

Tee flicked through the file to the likes and dislikes section. Something on it caught her eye. On the dislikes section, number 1. It was number 1, that's how important it was. It said Ryan didn't like birthdays. She flicked the pages back to his birthday. It was only a week away. A grin spread across Tee's face. What about if she threw him a surprise party with all the other kids? How was she supposed to know that Ryan didn't like birthdays?

Tee peered down the stairs. All clear. She snuck into the office and put Ryan's file back. She was about to leave when she heard Mike outside. She looked around for a hiding place. At the last second she ducked into the quiet room. She pressed herself against the door to try and hear what Mike and May-Li were saying. They were talking about the crazy girl, the one she might've had to share a room with. Eventually they left, after the other kids started fighting.

By the time Tee had escaped the office it was lunch. She was about to go into the kitchen when she saw a letter on the doorstep. It was for Ryan. The address was written in really bad handwriting. She wondered who it was from, but she saw out of the corner of her eye Jody staring at her. Tee picked it up and headed back to the kitchen. Before she got to the kitchen Jody stopped her. She snatched the card out of Tee's hand and glared at her. "Wait! I want to give it to Ryan. Sort of like a peace offering," Tee said. Jody reluctantly handed her the letter back.

Tee made her way over to Ryan. "This is for you," she said, handing him the letter.

Ryan looked at her but said nothing. "Look, I wanted to apologise. I shouldn't have told them that stuff. That was really mean of me. Can we be friends?" Tee asked, putting on her goody-goody act.

Everybody looked at Ryan expectantly. "Sure," he said before leaving the table with is card.

Tee turned to look at everyone else. "So, Ryan's birthday is next week. How about we throw him a big surprise party?"

"Yeah!" everyone shouted and then started arguing about who would do what. Tee smirked. This was all going to plan. She was going to get her revenge on Ryan.