Scared

Tee saved the number to her contacts as 'Chloe'. If someone saw that they surely wouldn't think straight away it was Ryan's sister. Now, all she had to do was wait another day, put the letter back, wait another week or so after that, then call Chloe back.

Tee dropped the letter on the doorstep and ran back upstairs. She didn't think anyone had seen her. But after she left, Dexter looked out from behind the coat stand. He picked the letter up. It was for Ryan. Tee had stolen his letter now?! "Ryan!" he shouted.

Ryan rushed downstairs. "Yeah, what?"

Dexter hesitated. Should he tell Ryan Tee stole it? No. Tee was in way too much trouble already. "A letter. For you," he said, handing him the letter.

Ryan took it. What was his dad going to say now? But as he studied the envelope he frowned. This wasn't the same handwriting. It looked like a kid. Was this some sort of joke? Did Tee write it? It had to be her. But that note she gave him, the apology one, that was completely different handwriting to this. So who? "Thanks," Ryan muttered as he ran back upstairs.

Ryan stared at the envelope. He seemed to recognise the handwriting from somewhere, but he couldn't put his finger on it. It was probably some kids at school having a laugh. He ripped open the seal and unfolded the letter. He read it and his eyes widened when he saw who it was from. His face grew pale and he dropped his head it his hands. The tears were flowing fast now. He was shaking, his breathing was unsteady and he felt like he was going to be sick.

The letter said:

'Dear Ryan,

I know you'll be scared to get this. I know that, but please read it until the end. For me Ryan. Please.

I forgive you for what you did. I really do. You were really young.

Call me. The number is this one ---> 000000000000

From your little sister,

Chloe'

Ryan took a deep breath. He couldn't deal with this, with Chloe. Not on top on everything else. Even on her own, she scared him way more than Laces ever did. A different kind of fear, but definitely bigger.