"Why Lauren?"

First off, I'm like losing my shit after seeing the reads on DTM, half a million, are you kidding me?!

Mad love for everyone reading my mess of stories and somehow finding them enjoyable, thank you so much for the support, you have no idea how much it warms my heart.

The light's too bright, way too bright.

It was so bright that it was practically burning Camila's eyes behind her closed lids but she knew that had a lot to do with the drug that was still lingering in her system.

She knew it was still there because her body felt incredibly heavy. Everything just felt so...weighted. She tried to lift her hand to no avail, or maybe she did but she couldn't open her eyes to see if she had or not. It didn't feel like she lifted her hands. She was sure she hadn't. She couldn't. It was too heavy.

There was a ringing in her ear, she couldn't quite decipher what it was but a part of her mind told her someone was speaking. The words were just impossibly muffled by her incoherent thoughts. Things were too clouded, everything was too fragmented, nothing felt okay.

Her eyes, she had to focus on opening her eyes because then at least she knew where she was. Where Sofi was. That was her highest priority, figuring out if Sofi was okay or not.

Though it turned out that her brain decided to tune her ears in before allowing her sight.

"Mila!" It was still muffled by the squeak in it told Camila that it was her sister and she was close, now if she could just open her eyes.

"She's waking up, see?" Maddy's distinguishable voice spoke as well. "I didn't kill her."

"S-Sofi." Camila managed her first word.

It had been an entire day. Camila had been missing a day and Lauren still didn't have a clue as to how to track her down and the police weren't any closer either. What they did know was that Camila had walked out of the apartment at her own freewill, her jogging shoes were missing along with one of Lauren's jumpers so the older girl knew that something had happened for Camila to just walk out without telling her.

A loud knock on the apartment door broke Lauren out of her trance, the same trance she'd been in the second she realised Camila was missing. She was sat on the couch with her legs tucked up to her chest and her mind was occupied with far too many scenarios that she was sure she'd be near losing her sanity.

"Lauren, open the fucking door." Of course she shouldn't be surprised to hear that it was Lucy's voice on the other side.

Lucy didn't hesitate for a second telling Lauren she would book a plane as soon as possible when the green-eyed girl told her of the news of her girlfriend being missing. And quite honestly, Lauren couldn't say that her heart didn't leap at the knowledge that Lucy was there for her. If Lauren trusted anyone to help her sort out this mess, it was Lucy.

She managed to push herself up from the couch and made her way over to the door, opening it and pretty much having Lucy shove her out of the way in an effort to slip into the apartment.

"First thing's first," Lucy pulled out her phone. "We make Maddy's picture go viral. We make it so she can't so much as breathe without someone noticing her. We put her everywhere, someone's bound to see her." She held out her hand with raised brows. "Jesus Christ, Lauren, you're dating America's favourite girl right now, you're famous, idiot, use that."

"I told you she was crazy," Lucy's shoulders slumped as she took in Lauren's dejected tone. "You said she wasn't and so I stopped looking but I told you I didn't trust her. I should've stuck to my gut."