"You're my fucking happily ever after."

"I want to take her back." Lucy grumbled into the phone before taking another hearty bite of her granola bar. Ally had her on some stupid body cleanse thing where she had to just eat healthy.

Which Lucy would normally be complaining about...if she hadn't been spoiling herself with copious amounts of junk food for the past couple of weeks.

"Vero?"

"No, fucking Casper. Jesus Christ, Jauregui, has Hollywood fried your brain or something?"

"Fuck off," Lauren scoffed on the other line. "What brought this on? I thought you decided a couple of days ago that you were done with it?"

"She still hasn't given up," Lucy's eyes locked onto the granola bar though her mind was occupied with thoughts that deemed her sight useless. "No one's ever fought for me before."

"Then take her back," Lauren sighed, knowing damn well that Vero and Lucy were pretty much a sure thing. She'd witnessed Lucy fall in and out of love with Camila, but she knew Lucy could never allow her heart to stray away from Vero no matter how hard she tried. "She's your girl, Luce. You know it, I know it, hell, I could have Camila make it so the world knows it."

The conversation between the two girls carried on for another half an hour before Lauren heard the door to her apartment open and her girlfriend slipping through with a frown marring her face. She instantly said goodbye to her friend and left Lucy to her own devices.

Which...isn't usually the best idea with Lucy. Left to her own devices, Lucy was reckless. However, for the first time in the last month, her mind was set on one sure thing.

She was going to talk to Vero and they were going to work past this issue and then she was going to move back into their apartment and live her life out with her girlfriend once more.

Needless to say when Vero saw Lucy's name pop up on her phone she was stunned. Lucy hadn't tried to get in contact with her for two weeks, she'd always been the one to show up unannounced, or calling...or hell, simply texting. Vero had had to instigate all communications up until that point.

When her shock wore off, she fumbled with her phone to answer it with a rushed 'Hello?'.

"Hey," Lucy's timid voice spoke through the speaker and Vero squeezed her eyes closed because she hated how small the girl's voice was when she spoke with her. "Can you come over?"

"I-yeah...yeah of course I can come over, now?"

"Yeah...uh, see you soon, I guess." And due to her abrupt ending of the call, Lucy didn't really inspire Vero with a lot of hope that things were going to go well with their chat.

Vero was at a crossroads in her mind. One road led to her happy ending with Lucy, it was the one where she went to Lucy's place, the pair kissed and made up and let life blissfully carry on and take them where it may. The second road was her downfall. This one took her to thoughts of crying herself to sleep into a pillow because Lucy had made the break-up official. They were done and nothing Vero said or did could change that.

The third road, however, was the one that had her heartbreaking the most. Because in this one...her sense of security is tested. Lucy takes her back but Lucy still holds resentment. And the pair live their life well for a few years until Lucy starts to question Vero on everything, she lets her distrust in Vero flower and eventually it leads to their relationship being left in tatters.

That road scared Vero the most, because it was the most possible one. It was the one that would destroy her. To be given that taste of a forever with Lucy only to have it crumble before her eyes. She couldn't deal with it. She couldn't. She'd rather Lucy break her heart now, when she has time to possibly fix it before her life really started.