"No, don't touch me."

Camila's life was never supposed to be a rollercoaster of emotions and heartbreaks and choices that would lead her to question her faith. It was supposed to be simple and straightforward and everything her parents had planned for her.

She was supposed to continue her career as a successful actress and singer, she was supposed to marry a well-known celebrity of similar status to herself...a guy. They were supposed to have a kid. They were supposed to retire.

Things were supposed to be that easy.

These were the thoughts that were racing through Camila's overcrowded mind as she found herself standing outside of the warehouse Maddy had sent her the address to.

But then her mind landed on the one face that calmed all of her nerves, the one that always ignited bravery in her and Camila knew that her life was never supposed to be that vanilla and basic. Lauren Jauregui was always supposed to be her soulmate and she wouldn't change that for the world.

So if she died that night, she'd die with the knowledge that she had loved purely and without boundaries. It had been unapologetic and fierce and everything she'd ever dreamed that love should be.

It had been enough.

It had been more than enough.

The warehouse was far enough away from the city that her screams would be blocked out by traffic and that alarmed her. It alarmed her because she knew this location was probably chosen specifically for that reason. It alarmed her because she had no idea whether or not her little sister had been screaming or not.

No one would know if she had.

No one would've been able to hear her.

Sofi's feeble voice would be overshadowed by the roaring of motors and bustling of the city.

The night took on the mood of the Cuban. Rain pitter-pattered down onto the cement pavement and the cool wind to accompany it had Camila's arm hairs standing on end. The moon didn't stand a chance against the thickening clouds overhead and the light cast by the streetlamp flickered threateningly.

The neighbourhood didn't feel safe.

But then again, when last had Camila truly felt safe?

She pulled out her phone and dialled Maddy's number, her hands quivering as her fingers touched the screen. She feared it wouldn't work with the rain touching it but she persisted until she put the phone to her ear and listened to the dial tone.

Her hair was becoming soaked by the rain, sticking to anything that offered a cling. Lauren's jumper was immersed in rain as well and it was cold. The water of the rain felt a hundred degrees colder than Camila was sure it was.

"Hey, beautiful." Maddy answered the phone and for the first time Camila noticed the sadistic tang to it.

"I'm here, where the fuck is she?" The brunette hated how her voice shook as she spoke. She hated that she sounded weak to Maddy.

"Come inside." She was instructed and before Camila could get another word in, Maddy hung up.

Camila looked up at the looming building. Lauren would never think to check a place like this, she would never even consider it. Maddy had clearly instructed Camila that no one else was to be told about their meeting place or Sofi would be the collateral damage for her choice and Camila didn't need to think twice about what to do.

Of course she would pick the option that would keep her sister out of harm's way. Sofi always came first.

Always.