"She's it for me."

It was painstakingly obvious to Camila that Lauren was avoiding her mom. The pair had been living in the same house for just over a week now and neither had ever tried to initiate conversation. Okay, that was a lie, Sinu had tried a few times in Lauren's first visit to speak with the green-eyed girl but Lauren, stubborn as always, wanted nothing of it.

And Camila knew her girlfriend was protective, she knew that since high school, she just figured Lauren would take a while to warm up to her mother but it didn't seem to be happening at all.

"I'm not asking you to love her, I'm just asking you to give her a chance." Camila huffed as Lauren pushed the trolley further down the aisle. The pair, well mostly Camila, had decided to cook the whole family a meal. Lauren mostly agreed because she felt she owed Alejandro for allowing her to stay in his house rent-free again.

"And I'm not asking you to shut up, I'm just asking you to change the subject."

"She's my mom." Camila came to a halt to gain her girlfriend's undivided attention, clearly missing the fact that she always had Lauren's undivided attention.

"Yeah, and I'm that chick who held you when you woke up from a nightmare about her." Lauren scoffed, her words practically a snarl. "She might be all rainbows and butterflies now, Camila, but I'm not letting my guard down only for her to hurt you again. Now shut the fuck up about this and pass me the damn jar of pickles."

"Pickles aren't even in the meal!"

"I fucking like pickles." Lauren reached past her girlfriend and snatched a jar, meeting that set of brown eyes as she leaned back towards the trolley. "Problem, princess?"

"I didn't know you like pickles."

"There's a whole shit load of things you don't know about me," Lauren leaned forward and gave Camila a soft peck on her lips. "Perks of living together soon, we'll learn all that."

"You go from being a complete jerk to the love of my life in a split second." Camila ran her hand through Lauren's unruly hair.

"I love hearing you say that."

"That you're a jerk?"

"That I'm the love of your life," All thoughts of the trolley were abandoned as Lauren grabbed her girlfriend by her waist and pulled her into her arms. "It means I'm it for you, there's no one else."

"Yeah, I thought we established that?" Camila looped her arms around Lauren's neck and leaned up to connect their lips, both breaking the kiss through their smiles.

The buzzing in her back pocket momentarily distracted Camila and she was quick to fish it out only to be met with a message from that same unknown number that hadn't stopped calling her. She showed the home-screen of her phone to Lauren and the raven-haired girl groaned in frustration.

Lauren made it no secret that she didn't like this person's constant persistence. If she could reach through the phone and punch whoever it was in the face, she would.

Camila had never received messages from the unknown person though so when she unlocked her phone to check, it made her blood run cold when she saw someone had captured a picture of the exact moment she'd shared a kiss with Lauren exactly where they stood.

The person who'd been persisting on contacting Camila-

Was in the store-

Taking photos of them.

"Hey, you okay, princess?" Camila almost flinched back from Lauren's gentle touch to her shoulder and allowed the older girl to sneak a peek at her phone. Almost instantly Camila felt Lauren stiffen beside her and when she looked over to her girlfriend she saw that a frown was marring that flawless, pale forehead of hers. "What the fuck?"