Chapter 30.1- Cresent Birthmark

Chapter 25(Half of it) - Chapter 30(Both parts) the incidents mentioned are of same day. Thank you .

Evelyn's POV

Slow and deliberate, I got out of the car, seeing the hotel towering over me.

Thoughts of Adam completely vanished.

It was so dumb of me to come all over here not to mention the risk too.

I was sure that I saw her...
Did she know that I was hiding in the city?
Is this the end?
Am I returning back to the living hell?

N0!!!

Then Ervin? Why did he follow her?

Like how?

So many of these irrational questions attacked my brain and thoughts that Adam was completely out of the picture.

I stood fixed on the place where I had seen her last time from the cab's window, eyeing every passerby carefully.

I wanted to see her, confirm its her but didn't want to be seen.

"Valet parking?"
A guy with a slightly crooked nose asked me gruffly.

"I just have to---"
Before I could finish my sentence he handed me a ticket and lazily looked up to me.

Oh,right it was a posh hotel after all.
Realising I should tip him,I retrieved my purse-Sharon's purse.
I had nothing on me when I had crashed on her place yesterday- and handed him a ten dollar bill.
He took the bill, offered me a nonchalant look and got inside my car and off he went.
How could a valet be so rude?
I clicked my tongue and made my way inside the hotel,something churning inside my gut.

"We're sorry Ma'am,we have a very strict policy.We don't disclose the name of our customers." The front desk receptionist granted me a fake smile.

I rolled my eyes.
"I'm just asking if she's here or not."

Fixing her cat eye shaped glasses she plastered her fake smile again and said,"Like I said before Ma'am, we can't look up the name you just gave us randomly."

"Evelyn."

A voice out of nowhere ringed in to my ear.
Slowly,I shifted myself to the side where the voice came from.

Oh no!

She was there, a black sheer cartwheel hat covered the side of her face,black fur coat loosely hung around her shoulder. I had to blink twice to confirm it was her. Two buff looking guys stood beside her, I knew one of them -Jules. Fear was vividly dancing in my eyes.

It's the end,for sure.

I stood there for what felt like an eternity but was actually only few seconds passed,frozen and with a heart racing at tremendous speed.
I felt exposed, vulnerable all of a sudden.

Should I run?
I didn't want to be seen.I didn't want to be seen.
Too late.
She was approaching me ,covering the distance between us. I gulped.
The opposite of what I thought happened.
I was in her embrace.
She didn't drag me like I thought she would. Instead her eyes got watery and she gently took my hand without saying a word and led to me a grand hotel room. Jules and the other guy were after us, quietly following our footsteps.
My heart was still racing and anxiety was hitting me real bad.

Jules and the other guy stood side by side to the door.
What on earth was going on?

"I was expecting your arrival." She said after we both got seated across from each other.
"Wh-"