2-둘

002

The manor gates creak as they open and Baekhyun looks around in awe. He had never been in any other building other than his own little hut and occasionally the healer's hut.

"Welcome Baekhyun to the Park's Manor, Baekhyun," Sehun grins as they enter the manor. The inside is just as beautiful and lavish as the outside, if not more. Baekhyun's mouth hangs open as he looks around to get a better view of the huge chandeliers and paintings.

Suddenly, the door to the right opens and in walks a boy with deer like eyes and light pink hair enters.

"Sehunnie! Oh—who is he?" the boy asks. Sehun smiles at the boy endearingly.

"This is Baekhyun, Chanyeol's mate." Sehun turns to Baekhyun. "Baekhyun, this is Luhan, my mate," Baekhyun nods and offers a small smile to the doe eyed boy. Luhan gives Baekhyun a concerned look.

"A-are you ok? You look hurt," Luhan says and Baekhyun blinks a little, the world suddenly turning dizzy and blurry. The doors at the top of the grand staircase open and his mate's scent hits Baekhyun again like a riptide, but before he could do anything, the world turns black.

-

The smaller male suddenly falls limp and Sehun reaches out to catch him before he slams his head on the floor. Luhan looks at Sehun with a concerned look.

"He was in heat and besides, he looked malnourished." Sehun sighs as he looks at the top of the staircase to see a frozen Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol! I found him. Here. Hold him. Maybe you can stop his pain and heat." Sehun says and in the blink of an eye, Chanyeol is with Sehun, holding out his arms to take Baekhyun. Sehun gently hands the older his mate.

Chanyeol's happiness falters when he feels how light Baekhyun is and how hot his body temperature is. He frowns and looks at Sehun who sighs.

"It seems his pack didn't respect him and left him to fend for himself, otherwise he wouldn't be in the middle of the forest trying to ease his heat. He'd be in the pack's omega hut, in the heat room." Sehun says, looking at Chanyeol, then at Baekhyun.

Chanyeol growls, but Sehun immediately calms him down, to prevent him from going on a killing rampage. He knows that Chanyeol wouldn't hesitate to kill for his family, especially for his mate. He'd kill without a second thought. Sehun signals Chanyeol to take Baekhyun to his room and watch over him.

Luhan watches as Sehun instructs Chanyeol on what to do and what not to do. He smiles proudly at his mate. He used to be such a brat, but over time, he matured. He had learned about the werewolf anatomy, lifestyle and behavior during the Peak of Interest in Studies Choosing Ceremony, better known as the P.I.S.C ceremony in university.

Sehun walks back to Luhan and they watch Chanyeol disappear with Baekhyun. Once they're gone, Luhan turns to Sehun.

"You think Chanyeol can control himself? Baekhyun's scent is very strong. Even for me, and I'm not even a dominant" Luhan says and Sehun shrugs.

"Hopefully, besides," Sehun looks over at Luhan, smirking. "You know your place very well, babe,"

-

A cool breeze hits Baekhyun, jolting him up.

He sits up in the unfamiliar, but comfy bed. He looks around the unknown room and suddenly remembers Sehun, and how the vampire had brought him to the manor, and how he passed out after smelling the scent of his mate.

Speaking of his mate, Baekhyun smells the sweet pine-y scent in the room again and frantically looks around, trying to find his mate, who just so happened to be the superior Prince of Vampires. He starts to panic and looks around, but freezes when he hears a chuckle from the dark. The scent hits him hard and he gulps. He whips his head to his left and he almost faints when he finally sees his mate.

Baekhyun's breathing gets labored and he immediately reaches out to hold something to stop himself from having a panic attack. His hand is grabbed by his mate—Chanyeol, who, for the first time in centuries, starts to get alarmed.

"Baekhyun?" his mate calls him and Baekhyun's breathing slowly returns to normal. Baekhyun sighs at the suddenly soothing scent of his mate and leans into his touch.

"C-Chanyeol..." Baekhyun whispers, breathily. He reaches out with his other hand to gently touch Chanyeol's arm. The vampire comes out of the dark, letting Baekhyun fully see him. Baekhyun internally screams at how handsome his mate is. His hair is black and his eyes are a light brown.

The vampire smiles a little at his mate. He then disappears, causing Baekhyun to whine, but soon, the lights turn on, and Chanyeol comes back. He sits on the bed besides Baekhyun and looks at him with a serious look.

"Baekhyun, you do know what I am, right?" Chanyeol asks and Baekhyun nods.

"A vampire," Chanyeol nods.

"And you're a werewolf." He states and Baekhyun nods. "We're supposed to be enemies, Baek," Chanyeol says and Baekhyun's heart leaps when he hears Chanyeol call him 'Baek'. Baekhyun nods.

"But, I don't care about that. You're my mate, and that means you are mine and no one else's." Chanyeol growls and gently reaches out to loop his arm around Baekhyun, pulling the smaller into his lap. Baekhyun smiles happily at the closeness and nuzzles his face in Chanyeol's chest.

"Well, I accept you as my mate too, Channie," Baekhyun giggles and reaches out to caress his mate's face. Chanyeol hums at the touch, closing his eyes and hugging Baekhyun closer to him.

An abrupt knock on the door interrupts the newly formed couple's moment ad Chanyeol growls in warning. Baekhyun buries his face in Chanyeol's chest, suddenly feeling scared.

"Hyung?! There are some wolves here that want to talk to you," a voice calls out and Chanyeol stands up, carrying Baekhyun with him. The younger lets out a small squeal and tightly holds onto the elder's arm.

"Hold on, Kai, I'll be down in a few minutes," Chanyeol says and looks down at Baekhyun, who he cradles like a baby. He sees the frightened look on his mate's face and gently strokes his cheek.

"It's alright. I'm here, and I'll make sure you won't get taken away," Chanyeol tells Baekhyun, who looks at him with watery eyes.

"B-but what if they hurt you? Or me? Chanyeol, I'm scared," Baekhyun whispers. Chanyeol smiles at his mate's concern. They haven't even mated for real, but Baekhyun already seems to care about him more than himself.

"I swear on my immortal life, I will not let them hurt you. I swear, baby," Chanyeol promises and Baekhyun smiles at him, nodding.

"Ok, let's go,"