Chapter Seventeen - Graduation Day [ Finale ]

Anna POV

Graduation Day. I was excited and nervous. I hadn't spoken to Michael since the other night when he spilled his feelings, I mean, I couldn't because I didn't know what to say but I am confused I guess. 

As I walked across the grass towards the other graduates who already stood in a line in alphabetical order waiting to walk to their seats. "Anna," I heard someone shout from behind me. Turning around I saw my father coming towards me. I hadn't seen him in months and he just turns up at my graduation,wow.

"How you doing darling? I've missed you," he smiled catching up to me grabbing me for a hug. 

"Did you really?" I scoffed, " I haven't seen you in months and you figure you could just turn up?" 

My statement caused him to become speechless. "Oh hey Anna," I heard a cheery voice say from behind him, looking around him I saw the same woman I had seen in my parent's room the day I had come home earlier watched as she waddled towards us barely getting along with her pregnant self. Great, he's at my graduation with his pregnant mistress. 

"You remember me right?" She smiled at me as she flipped her red hair. 

"How could I forget," I scoffed, " Anyways, I have to go," I said as I turned and headed towards the other graduates as I zipped up my royal blue gown.

As I walked towards the graduates I saw Michael arriving just as I thought to go over to him Tori and Megan called me over to get in place because we were about to start. 

Maybe later at the party Jacob is hosting, I hope Michael will be there.

JACOB POV

I walked across the stage nervously as I took my diploma, when I received it I held the yellow tassel which hung off my royal blue graduate hat and turned it the other side. Looking in the crowd I saw my parents hugging and cheering loudly as my dad struggled to keep the camera steady. I looked at the scene that I probably would have never witness if I hadn't had my accident. I smiled and waved at my parents as I walked off....the journey is just beginning. 

I maneuvered through the crowd with a cup in my left hand towards Anna who had just arrived. The music was blazing as more and more people arrived. It was now late evening and everyone having left after Graduation, and spent time with their family, were now ready to spend the last moments together with everyone else. I invited everyone even the "nerds" and "band geeks". 

"Heyyyy," I said as I walked over to Anna with my arms outstretched.

"Hiii," she smiled as she met me in the middle as she hugged me.

After we released each other from our embrace I noticed her focus had shifted to behind me. I looked around to the direction where she stared. Looking through the opened french doors I saw Michael outside blankly staring out at the pool with his hands in his pockets. I looked down at Anna who just stared, she looked like she wanted to go over to speak to him but I could tell she didn't know where to start. I looked at Anna as I saw the way she looked at Michael and I felt something, it wasn't jealousy or envy it was love, but not a affectionate type love it was a love of friendship. Who would have though I would feel this way about someone who just a few short months ago I didn't even know existed?

I touched her arm and she looked up and me. "What are you waiting for?" I ask with a smile as I gestured in Michael's direction.She looked up at me and smiled as she hugged me and made her way towards Michael. 

"You okay man?" August who I hadn't even noticed was behind me asked.

"Never been better," I smiled as I took at sip of my drink. Never been better.

THE END

I hope you guys enjoyed this story cause I enjoyed writing it.

Check out my other story; " G r a f f i t i ( A Princeton and Jacob Latimore Story) " Hope you enjoy that also :) :)